Terms and conditions
This website is published by the IChemE Ltd and operated by Media Shed Limited. It is made available to you on the following terms and conditions. By using the site and the services available you are deemed to accept these terms and conditions.
The information and services available on the site are provided for the sole purpose of individuals looking for job opportunities and career information and for employers seeking to recruit staff. You may use, print and download information from the site for these purposes only and for no other personal or commercial purpose.
All copyright, database rights and other intellectual property rights in the site and the material available on the site belong to IChemE Ltd. Use of the site does not give you any rights in such materials.
CVs and job advertisements
CVs and job ads on the site are provided by candidates and prospective employers and their agents and are not reviewed by IChemE Limited. We accept no responsibility or liability for the contents of CVs or advertisements and expect candidates and prospective employers to carry out such verification procedures as are customary in the circumstances.
The Chemical Engineer Jobs information
The services and information provided are to assist in the jobseeking or recruitment process. Neither we nor our third-party suppliers guarantee their suitability in any particular case. You should obtain independent verification before relying on information provided on the site in circumstances that may result in loss or damage.
Limitation of liability
Our liability, and the liability of our third-party suppliers, for any loss or damage suffered by you as the result of your use of this site is limited to your actual direct damages and, except in the case of fraud, excludes any loss of future earnings, profit or prospects or any consequential or speculative loss. As required by law, this exclusion does not extend to death or personal injury caused by our negligence.
These terms and conditions shall be interpreted in accordance with English law and all disputes shall be decided by the English courts.
We try to ensure continuous availability of the site and all the services available on it but accept no responsibility for the consequences of interruptions or delays, however caused. We may, additionally, alter the design and specification of the site at any time.
Complaints about advertisers on The Chemical Engineer Jobs
Media Shed endeavour to ensure that all roles advertised comply with UK regulation and undertake to uphold the advertiser’s code of conduct. If you have a complaint about the way your application or assignment has been handled by a recruitment consultancy in the first instance please contact them directly to raise your issues. If you are unhappy with your experience of using The Chemical Engineer Jobs, then please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Terms and conditions of business for recruiters
In these terms and conditions:
• 'Customer' means any person, company, organisation or firm that purchases services from us;
• 'Order Form' means an order for services on a form provided by us (in any format) and signed by a customer;
• 'Services' means all recruitment products and services made available by IChemE Ltd from time to time;
• 'Contract month' means, in respect of any order form relating to the provision of services for a specified period of months, the calendar month commencing on the start date specified in the order form and ending on the day before the same date in the next calendar month. For example, the calendar month commencing on 24 February and ending 23 March;
• 'Contract term' means the full term specified in the order form.
Prices are guaranteed for the period stated on the order form. Prices are confidential and may not be disclosed by the customer.
A job posted on The Chemical Engineer Jobs will remain live for 28 days or such shorter time as we agree with the customer. Any extension of this time will be charged to the customer as a new posting. Any jobs posted in addition to the agreed number of jobs per month will be charged at a price per job agreed with the customer at the time of the contract negotiation. A single job is identified by its unique number. If a customer deletes a job and then either reposts it or posts another, this will be classed as two jobs.
If any services to be used within any time period specified on the order form are not used within that period of time they may not be carried over into any subsequent period without our prior written consent. The customer will be responsible for payment for any unused services.
All prices exclude VAT. All invoices are payable within 28 days from invoice date. Late payment will entitle us to suspend provision of services. Interest will be payable on late payments at the rate of 3% above base rate from time to time.
The customer may terminate the provision of services under any order form by no fewer than 30 days notice to expire at the end of a contract month. Termination by the customer before the end of the contract term may, at our discretion, result in loss of discounts agreed for the entire contract term.
We may terminate the provision of services if:
• the customer is in material breach of these terms and conditions and has not remedied such breach within ten days of notice specifying the breach and requiring that it be remedied, or:
• the customer becomes insolvent, ceases to trade or goes into liquidation.
Limitation of liability
Our total liability to the customer in respect of any services, except for death or personal injury caused by our negligence, is limited to the total amount paid to us during the contract term for such services or £10,000, whichever is the greater.
Job posting - Employment agencies and employment businesses
If you are an employment agency or an employment business (as defined by the Employment Agencies Act 1973 ('the Act')) it is your responsibility to ensure that advertisements you place on The Chemical Engineer Jobs comply with your obligations under the Act and Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2004. You agree to comply with the Act and these regulations as they affect the conduct of your business and the advertisements you place on The Chemical Engineer Jobs.
We have rules regarding the content and format of jobs posted on The Chemical Engineer Jobs. Their purpose is to ensure that users who search the site or the The Chemical Engineer Jobs database get results that are presented as clearly as possible. At our discretion and without liability to you, we will remove from The Chemical Engineer Jobs any advertisement that is posted in breach of these rules. The rules may change from time to time and you are advised to refer to them regularly.
The rules are:
• No duplicating of jobs.
• No over-use of keywords in job descriptions or job titles. Over-use means deliberately inserting words with the intention of influencing the job listing's position in the results listing.
• Job advertisements placed on The Chemical Engineer Jobs must be for genuine vacancies only.
• URLs or e-mail links are not allowed in the body copy of the job description page. E-mail links are permitted from the 'send an e-mail' link and url linking is permitted from the 'apply online' link.
Advertisements that discriminate on grounds of sex, race, age religion (unless there is a genuine occupational requirement) or disability are illegal and may result in proceedings being taken against both the advertiser and the publisher. We may at our discretion remove any advertisement from The Chemical Engineer Jobs if we feel it is in breach of employment discrimination rules.
Responses to advertisements
You agree to deal fairly and professionally with individuals who may respond to an advertisement you have posted. You will indemnify us from and against any claim brought by an individual against Media Shed or IChemE Ltd arising from your breach of this obligation or any other of these terms and conditions.
It is your responsibility to carry out such checks and procedures as are necessary to ensure that candidates are suitable for the job advertised and have the required qualifications and personal characteristics. Media Shed and IChemE Ltd do not guarantee any response to your advertisement or that response will be from individuals suitable for the job advertised.
Content and links
If your advertisement links to another site from the 'apply now' option, you are responsible for maintaining the links and for the content of your advertisement and the linked site. We may remove from The Chemical Engineer Jobs any advertisement that contains content or links to a site that, in our opinion, is defamatory or illegal. You will indemnify Media Shed and IChemE Ltd from any claims or liability arising from content or links contained in your advertisements.
Use of CV database
Employment agencies and employment businesses
If you are an employment agency or an employment business (as defined by the Employment Agencies Act 1973 ('the Act')) it is your responsibility to ensure that the use you make of information from our CV database complies with your obligations under the Act and the various regulations made under it, together with any applicable guidelines. These regulations are currently contained in the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2004. You agree to comply with the Act and these regulations as they affect the conduct of your business and the use you make of information on our candidate database.
Rights in the CV database
CV database rights and all other applicable copyright and intellectual property rights in the CV database belong to IChemE Ltd. You acknowledge that you do not acquire any rights in the database or its content and that your retention and use of the database and its content is governed by these terms and conditions.
Use of the database
The material you are entitled to receive from the CV database is determined by the product you have purchased from The Chemical Engineer Jobs. On receipt of this material you may:
• Use, search or download it to your database using the Candidate Search back office
• Use the information about the individuals contained in the database for the purpose of contacting them
• Use the information only in connection with your own recruitment-related activities.
• You may NOT:
• Supply, sell or license material from the CV database, or a copy of it, to any other person, including another member of your group of companies.
• Download the database through any automated process.
• Contact the individuals on the database or make or allow any use of the information about those individuals, other than for the purpose of finding suitable candidates for specific job vacancies. You must, at all times, comply with the Data Protection Act 2018 and all subsequent legislation and regulations.
Deletion of database material
You agree to delete all material from the CV database upon its replacement with up-to-date material or the satisfactory conclusion of your search for a suitable candidate, whichever occurs first.
Dealings with candidates
You agree to deal fairly with individuals you may contact using information from the CV database. You will indemnify Media Shed and IChemE Ltd from and against any claim brought by an individual against Media Shed or IChemE Ltd.
These terms and conditions apply to all advertising material ('campaigns') accepted by Media Shed for display on any of our websites. By placing a campaign you accept these terms and conditions as principal, even if you are acting as agent or buyer for the actual advertiser.
We must receive the complete creative content for a campaign in acceptable format at least two working days before the date specified in your order. To cancel or alter your order you must inform us, by fax or email at the number or address on the order, at least two working days before the date specified in your order. Otherwise you must pay the full amount set out in the order.
You are responsible for the content of the campaign and for ensuring that it complies with all relevant legislation and codes of practice. We may, at our discretion, remove the campaign from display without reference or liability to you. You will indemnify Media Shed and IChemE Ltd against any claim that the campaign or its content infringes the intellectual property rights or other rights of others or is defamatory or otherwise offensive. If you are an employment agency or an employment business (as defined by the Employment Agencies Act 1973) it is your responsibility to ensure the advertisements you place on The Chemical Engineer Jobs comply with the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2004.
Your sole remedy if we, or our third party subcontractors who may host and serve campaigns from time to time, make an error in displaying any campaign is the cost of re-running the relevant campaign. Neither we nor our subcontractors shall be liable in any circumstances for any loss of profit or business. We shall, additionally, have no liability for failure to display the campaign caused by circumstances outside our control.
Media Shed terms & conditions
Terms and conditions of acceptance of advertisements
All advertisements (which term shall include printed adverts, printed inserts, online adverts or any other paid for promotional material or activity) at the instance of an advertising agency or any other person, partnership or company (“the Advertiser” which expression shall include its successors, assignees, executors and personal representatives as the case may be) are published and accepted by Media Shed Limited (“the Proprietors” which expression shall include its successors, assignees or agents) subject to the following terms and conditions:
- The Proprietors will endeavour to publish advertisements on the date(s) specified by the Advertiser but reserve the right to omit or suspend or hold over publication of any advertisement, notice or order or any part thereof without notice and to publish any advertisements so omitted or held over in a subsequent issue of the Title, The Proprietors will endeavour to give notice to the Advertiser where reasonably possible.
- Every reasonable effort will be made to meet the Advertiser’s requirements, including the publication of advertisements in single, two or full colour where specified, but the Proprietors have and accept no liability whatsoever (beyond the price for any advertising) for any loss or expense or damage including loss of revenue or profit occasioned to or sustained by the Advertiser or any third party by the non-insertion of any advertisement or by any errors or omissions or inaccuracies or delays in the printing or publishing of any advertisement whether as a result of negligence on the part of the Proprietors or otherwise.
- The Proprietors reserve the right to alter any advertisement if necessary without consulting the Advertiser in order that such advertisement might conform to the Proprietors’ standards of decency, taste and other relevant matters laid down in any relevant code of practice, the Proprietors’ current self-imposed standards or any other mandatory rules applicable.
- All position stipulations appearing on orders will be treated as requests. The proprietor will endeavour to publish advertisements in the required position, but it is only guaranteed when art additional ‘special position’ surcharge is applied and it is confirmed in writing by the proprietor.
- The Advertiser is responsible for checking that the first insertion in a series of advertisements is published in accordance with the Advertiser’s wishes. The Proprietor shall not be liable for any inaccuracies published in any subsequent issues.
- The Proprietors are not obliged to stop or cancel any advertisement unless they receive written notice which must be received by not less than 30 days prior to the copy deadline date for the publication:
- All Advertisers must pre-pay unless credit has been approved. The maximum credit term will be 30 days from date of invoice. Where credit terms have been agreed payment must be made in full by the invoice due date. Failure to pay in accordance with this clause shall entitle the Proprietor without prejudice to any other rights to terminate the contract immediately in respect of future advertising and to charge interest at the rate of 8% per month above the Bank of England base rate on amounts outstanding together with compensation for debt recovery costs pursuant to the provisions of The Late of Commercial Debts (interest) Act 1998 and as amended and supplemented by The Late Payment of Commercial Debts Regulations 2002.
- The Advertiser will free and relieve and indemnify the Proprietors of and against any claim or awards whatsoever made against the Proprietors in connection with the publication of any advertisement placed by the Advertiser including any costs or expenses (including legal and judicial expenses) incurred by or on behalf of the Proprietors in connection with such claim or awards.
- Where inserts are supplied by an Advertiser which do not comply with the original specification, the Proprietor may reject the inserts or invoice the Advertiser for any additional costs incurred by the Proprietor.
- In the event that an Advertiser who has received a discount from the published ratecard (in consideration of having entered into a contract with the Proprietors to place a series of advertisements in the Title) fails to honour the contracted number of advertisements in the series the Proprietors reserve the right to invoice the Advertiser for the amount of any discounts from ratecard previously received to be payable on demand.
- The Proprietors reserve the right from time to time to alter these Conditions. The Proprietors shall endeavour to give notice to any Advertisers likely to be affected thereby.
- Should any court, competent tribunal or authority find any of these conditions unenforceable for any reason, the remaining provisions shall be enforceable. Should any other exclusion or limitation of the liability of the Proprietors contained herein be found by any such court to be unenforceable, the Proprietors’ liability in respect of any breach hereof giving rise to damage (other than personal injury or death) shall be limited to the charges to be levied for the placing of the advertisement in question.
- In the case of any advertisement placed by an advertising agency, the advertiser and the said agency shall be a party to the contract in respect of the insertion of such advertisement and shall be jointly and severally liable to the Publisher in respect of all matters arising under the contract. The said advertising agency shall be responsible for making the Advertisers aware of such liability and shall be deemed in all circumstances to be the agent of the Advertiser.
- No liability will exist for final colour produced outside of PIRA standards where this has been caused by artwork supplied incorrectly or not in accordance with published parameters.
- Each of the foregoing conditions shall be separate and severable.
- These Terms and Conditions and any agreement to which they apply shall be subject to the Laws of England and the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts but the Proprietors are entitled. at their sole discretion, to take action in any other competent jurisdiction.
- The placing of any advertisement by the Advertiser constitutes acceptance of all of the above terms and conditions.