Senior Process Engineer
On behalf of our client we are looking to recruit a Senior Process Design Engineer to join our team on a permanent basis. The Senior Process Engineer will provide process engineering support for design development of gasification and energy projects. The job includes providing technical input in the concept design, FEED and taking leading role in basic and detailed design.
Salary & benefits package to be discussed.
Some travel will be required for training and meetings.
The candidate must have a right to work in the UK / EU without additional visa requirements.
Senior Process Engineer Qualifications/Skills
- Degree in chemical engineering, chemical process engineering or similar.
- Experience working in design aspects of any of power/energy plants, process plants or oil & gas plants.
- Chartered Chemical Engineer or working towards a Chartered Engineer status.
- A motivated individual who likes and works to achieve targets.
- Confident and able to communicate clearly and concisely at all levels and able to work under pressure to ensure timely project delivery.
- Team player and leader, who can coordinate with other team members, obtain required technical information and make sound engineering judgements.
Senior Process Engineer Responsibilities
- An experienced senior process design engineer with significant experience and design knowledge of process plant items, such as heat exchangers, pumps, gas treatment systems and valves.
- Substantial process engineering skills, including ability to develop and optimise process details, PFDs & PIDs, process control philosophy, pressure relief philosophy and vent & drain design.
- Preferably experienced in the use of HYSYS or Thermo-flow modelling for process development and optimisation.
- Good understanding of Process Risk Management techniques, including HAZID, HAZOP, LOPA and DSEAR. Able to close actions arising from these risk reviews.
- Able to produce datasheets and technical requisition documents to support procurement activities.
- Computer literacy with Microsoft Word, Excel and Power Point