Senior / Chemical Engineers (Silicon Materials)
About us - innovative, dynamic and commercially focussed.
Nexeon is a material science company and we’re developing novel silicon materials for the next generation of lithium ion batteries. We’ve recently been awarded a multi-million pound Innovate UK grant and are now looking for a number of high calibre scientists and engineers to join us and work on our product commercialisation programmes.
About you - radical, ground-breaking and a robust thought leader.
This is a hands on laboratory scale or pilot plant based role which will be involved in the synthesis of silicon based materials and the design, installation and operation of production equipment on a laboratory, pilot and mass production scale.
As part of a development team, you will be working with scientists to develop new material concepts and production processes.
As well as having a minimum of a first degree (or higher) in Chemical Engineering and relevant industrial experience, you must be able to demonstrate industrial experience in process development, scale-up or running pilot plant/ industrial scale units.
Your experience or transferable skills should preferably include some or all of the following:
- Synthesis of carbon and / or silicon based materials, especially powders, including exposure to pilot or production scale manufacture
- Design of production equipment on laboratory, pilot and mass production scales and negotiation with equipment vendors
- Developing processes required to take products to market
- Designing structured experiments and analysis utilising statistical methodologies
- Capability to lead complex problem solving using appropriate tools, draw conclusions and make recommendation on process in a multi-discipline team (Six Sigma would be an advantage)
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Strong project leadership and time management skills
How to apply:
Send your CV or resume along with a covering letter that sets out how your experience or transferable skills meet the requirements of the role to firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information about what we do, go to www.nexeon.co.uk.