We are currently recruiting a Process Engineer position for a global Defence Manufacturer based in the Black Country region. This specialist manufacturer works with a number of globally renowned companies and they have a reputation for innovation. This role will look to improve processes, support NPI & assist Production to solve complex engineering challenges. In return the candidate can expect full autonomy and opportunities to progress.
My client is a market leading Defence Manufacturer based in the Black Country region. With multiple sites across the U.K and a turnover over £100 million per annum, they are now looking for a Manufacturing Engineer to join their expanding team. With a number of exciting projects due to launch, this is a great opportunity for a forward thinking Engineer to join their team.
- Responsible for updating, improving and writing SOPs for site to ensure that processes are robust
- Develop and improve manufacturing processes alongside quality control measures in order to maximise both qualitative and quantitative output from the manufacturing facility.
- Proactively identify and implement continuous improvement techniques, with particular focus on scrap reduction
- Ensuring that all safe working practices are operational and documented thoroughly, encompassing PFMEAs, training/development and risk assessments
- Take lead on NPI activities from a process perspective, including great depth of involvement with PLM to ensure that processes are sustainable
- Aerospace, Defence or low volume background preferred
- Six Sigma certification
- Ambitious & driven character who is willing to push the boundaries
- Excellent problem solving skills, including 5y's, 8D and DMAIC
- Ability to lead NPI
£30,000 - £37,000 + benefits
- Contact: Rob Burke
- Reference: Totaljobs/13982534/001
- Job ID: 85500015