I am on the lookout for a Process Engineer to join a growing and exciting Renewables focussed business based in Northants. Someone who has a process focussed degree or process industry experience such as Chemical/Food/Bev/Energy/Oil/Gas/Renewables/Bio Gas would be the ideal candidate.
This role is part of a new sector within this business, therefore you will be a vital team member in driving this sectors growth within this already well-established business. They need a strong Process and Controls team to support the business as the company launches an exciting program of new projects and initiatives in 2019 for advanced engineering solutions which will take the company into cutting edge technologies over the next five years and beyond.
You will be part of a small team of cross functional engineering specialists within the Process and Controls Engineering department. The team’s overall purpose will be to look at new concepts, introducing new technology to the company, implementing new developments, overseeing new projects and assisting the manufacturing department in Project delivery.
Additionally, you will be involved in improvement and upgrade projects within the existing Power Plant (Bio Gas, waste recycling, etc).
Reporting to the Process & Controls Manager, the Process Engineer will be a key role and will be accountable for developing Functional Design Specifications, Process Data Sheets, P&ID’s, HAZOPs, Test Procedures, etc.
* Working closely with the senior stakeholders of the business, and undertaking research / investigations and technical reviews into new products and technologies.
* Develop initial process designs and schematics.
* Develop process calculations, process data sheets and equipment data sheets
* Develop P&ID’s
* Undertake HAZOPs
* Provide support for product implementations and or commissioning of plant
* Review existing processes and work on upgrade / improvements.
* Good communication with all stakeholders ensuring full compliance to designs and budgets.
* Sound knowledge of either thermal, steam or pressure systems in a relevant or related industry.
* Ideally from a waste energy background, preference will be given to candidates who demonstrate a desire for a hands on role and who can apply their knowledge across a variety of applications.
* A quick learner and the ability to analyse problems using engineering principals to present engineering ideas and solutions.
* A Mechanical Engineering / Chemical Engineering / Manufacturing / Industrial Engineering degree would be advantageous, coupled with at least 2 years’ experience in a related field.
If this sounds like you then please get in touch with Jess on (phone number removed) or send your CV