SABIC Europe is committed to conducting its activities in a manner that protects the safety and health of all employees, customers and (local) communities in which we operate. We also take responsibility for environmental aspects and the integrity of our company assets. Within this framework, EHSS SABIC Limburg BV advises and supports management in the execution of SHE-policies, requirements and standards in the field of Safety, Health and Environment to ensure that organizational entities are conducting their activities in a responsible and sustainable way with respect to License to Operate and an Injury and Incident Free working environment.
To support manufacturing management site Geleen in achieving these objectives we are looking for an Environmental Engineer to reinforce our EHSS SABIC site Geleen department and the Polymer (PP, HDPE, LDPE) plant.
The environmental engineer is reporting to the Manager Environment for SABIC Site Geleen.
Job Purpose & Responsibilities
The primary task and responsibility of the Environmental Engineer is to challenge, inspire, advise and support management, employees and contractors on SABIC Site Geleen’s environmental performance in general and water environment in specific. Next, to help realize continuous improvement in this performance and SHE-behaviour with respect to environmental safety.
- Implement changes in legislative developments for environmental safety.
- Maintain or reinforce the License to Operate of SABIC by using knowledge and expertise to advise and coordinate in compliance with environmental permits.
- Inform, advice, recommend, challenge and train management team members in an inspiring way concerning continuous improvement in environmental performance, sustainability and SHE-behavior. For instance by discussing changes in law and legislation, observed shortcomings or points for improvement.
- Perform Environmental Safety walk-arounds to observe SHE-behavior and actively discuss risks with the objective to reinforce safe behavior.
- Analyse and review Environmental incidents together with management to determine the root causes of the incident and translate this in recommendations and lessons to be learned in order to prevent recurrence and to improve the SHE-performance.
- Facilitate and support management in SHE-audits, Regulatory audits, inspections and follow-up.
- Coordinate environmental activities like soil remediation, fugitive emission repairs, Operations Clean Sweep improvements as well as periodic reporting of environmental reporting towards SABIC Site Geleen as well as the regulator
- Sub Element Lead for the Operations Management System topics related to Environmental OMS standards.
- Check and balance on legal compliance of the plants by means of line by line permit audits and legal compliance audits.
- A bachelor degree, preferably in Chemical Engineering or Environmental Engineering.
- At least 5 years of relevant work experience.
- Strong capability to think in processes, well developed analytical and conceptual skills.
- Drive and Passion to be the specialist on Environmental Engineering .
- Good communicator and well developed social skills.
- Excellent Dutch reading and writing skills
- A pro-active attitude and behavior towards Security, Safety, Health and Environment.
- Customer focused, team player, decisive and result oriented, self-propelling and a strong drive for Responsible Care ® and EHS-improvements.
For more information about this role you can contact Laura Deckers (Corporate recruiter) via email@example.com.
Please be informed that a reference check, an employment verification and E-assessment are part of our recruitment process. A Certificate of Good Conduct can be requested depending the level of the role in our organization and/or function, allowing us to request depending on local regulations.
Responses from employment agencies will not be considered.