The overall objective is to drive performance improvements in Environmental, Health, & Safety (EHS), Quality, Revenue, and Cost.
This position reports to the Process Engineering Manager from within the Technical Group at the Burkville site.
Job Purpose & Responsibilities
Identify and conduct performance improvement projects and engineering studies, including plant trials.
Provide routine technical support to troubleshoot plant issues and implement corrective actions.
Lead and/or support site improvement initiatives and programs.
Key interfaces include Operations and Maintenance leaders and technicians, project engineers, process control engineers, Technology representatives, along with frequent exposure to site level management.
Individual will also interact with other sites around the globe to translate best practices.
MINIMUM EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor of Science degree (or higher) in Engineering (Preferred: Chemical or Mechanical).
- 7 - 10 years (or more) experience in chemical manufacturing and/or extrusion environment.
- Technical/Professional Knowledge.
- Project management principles.
- Chemical engineering fundamentals.
- Preferred: Polymerization and/or extrusion technologies.
- Preferred: Process safety principles (i.e. PSM activities, engineering standards).
- Preferred: Quality management systems (i.e. Six Sigma, LEAN, ISO, SPC).
- Preferred: Process troubleshooting techniques (i.e. root cause analysis, failure mode and effects analysis).
- Meets physical and mental requirements, with or without reasonable accommodations, of the position.
- Capable of performing sustained physical activities including but not limited to walking, climbing ladders, stairs, standing, squatting, kneeling, pushing/pulling, and ability to lift 50 pounds on a regular basis.
INTERNAL ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS
- You should have worked in your current position for at least 18 months and meet the pre-requisites of the position you are applying for.
- Your Manager should be informed about your intent to apply for internal opportunities. Where an employee does not notify his/her manager before applying, he/she should review the matter with the applicable HR Partner.
- Manufacturing employees who are in a certification, journeyman, or other similar program are not eligible to post without prior approval of manager.
- If you wish to learn more about the AMR Internal Hiring Policy, please visit https://bit.ly/2GbKFv3
- You must have unrestricted authorization to work in the United States
- Relocation if available