Job Title : Process Engineer
Requisition ID: 141729BR
When you join us at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll be part of a smart, driven team that shares your passion for exploration and discovery. With revenues of $22 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
Location/Division Specific Information
This position is responsible for leading cross functional teams in the development of current and new processes within the Eugene, OR site. This will be achieved through collaboration and implementation of large operations projects impacting the manufacturing of fluorescent dyes, particles, and proteins.
How will you make an impact?
Thermo Fisher Scientific in Eugene is at the forefront of Illuminating Life-Changing science through innovation and teamwork. As part of our team you will help us act upon our mission of enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
What will you do?
- Work as acting project manager on 1-2 large projects at a time to deliver complex multi-functional projects on time and on schedule
- Lead investigations on product failures with RCCM, taskforces, and quality control metrics
- Drive execution on special projects that will bring cost savings through continuous improvement (PPI) programs. Drives practical process improvements in manufacturing through Six Sigma and Lean manufacturing techniques.
- Develop and improve processing parameters (reagent prep, reactor setup, purification workflows, solubility, freeze drying, dispensing, waste management) for optimal process performance.
- Implement engineering controls and equipment process controls through collaboration with Production, Manufacturing Engineering and Tech Ops.
- Resolves critical issues without affecting productivity. Utilization of good judgment on leveraging short term effects versus long term goals. Proficient in statistical and data analysis. Facilitate the acquisition of data from various sources. Utilize Statistical Process Control, GR&R, Regression, and ANOVAs.
- Review product formulations using batch records, technical manuals, and applicable publications in order to identify formulation discrepancies
- Excellent collaborative skills, working with department supervisors and other departments using verbal and written communication to resolve product and process problems. Facilitate DoE discussions between appropriate teams
- Initiate process variances to the identified nonconforming products in order to ensure identified problems are corrected immediately.
- Initiate device change requests to products and standard operating procedures to resolve nonconformities based on the documented root cause analysis.
How will you get here?
- B.S./M.S. in Industrial or Chemical Engineering, Chemistry, Biochemistry, or related field. Advanced degree a plus.
- Six Sigma or Lean manufacturing experience
- Preferred to have 3-5 years technical experience that includes process engineering, process development, project management.
- Preferred to have 3-5 years direct synthetic organic chemistry experience within the medical device or pharmaceutical industry
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Ability to manage and plan multiple projects
- Analytical skills, good problem solving technique and data analysis skills with Excel
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Outgoing and collaborative in nature
- Detail Oriented
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 70,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.