Due to increased expansion, our client is actively seeking to appoint a Chemical Engineer to join their facility – based in Oxford. Your role as Chemical Engineer will take a primary focus on designing production equipment, whilst having the ability to work closely with Research Scientist’s and assist with product commercialisation projects.
To be considered for the Lead Chemical Engineer opportunity, you will ideally hold a PhD level qualification in Chemistry or Material Science (BSc/MChem will also be accepted) coupled with extensive experience in process development and synthesis of carbon or silicon based materials.
* Design of production equipment on laboratory, pilot and mass production scales and negotiation with equipment vendors.
* Assisting with moving chemical processes to full scale manufacture.
* Assist with the running and completion of technical projects.
* Implement LEAN manufacturing processes.
* Working closely with Scientists to develop new material concepts and supply chain.
* You will ideally hold a PhD level qualification in Chemical Engineering – however BEng/MEng level qualifications will also be accepted.
* Synthesis of carbon and / or silicon based materials, especially powders, including exposure to pilot or production scale manufacture
* Design of production equipment on laboratory, pilot and mass production scales and negotiation with equipment vendors
* Developing processes required to take products to market
* Designing structured experiments and analysis utilising statistical methodologies
* Capability to lead complex problem solving using appropriate tools, draw conclusions and make recommendation on process in a multi-discipline team (Six Sigma would be an advantage)
* Good written and verbal communication skills
* Strong project leadership and time management skills.
In return, the company can provide an excellent platform to learn new skills dedicated to process scale up coupled with a very competitive salary package - £40k-£70k + company benefits
Process/Scale-Up/Chemical Engineering/Pilot Plant/Six Sigma