13 Jan, 2021
Huizhou, Guangdong Province, China
Oil & Gas
Job Role Responsibilities
- Support the safe, efficient and on-time start-up of olefin plant in ExxonMobil Huizhou Chemical Complex, meeting project objectives and strategies.
- SHE leadership – uphold the set highest SHE standard and practices, foster the desired safety culture & behaviors, competency and leadership in the Start-Up team. Report, investigate and learn from all incidents and near misses, eliminate root causes. Meet SHE and process safety targets.
- Help the recruit of shift First Line Supervisors and process technicians. Liaise with other sites and 3rd party service provider to deliver quality training. Prepare training modules for the shift team and carry out competency testing to the required standard.
- Drive commissioning, start-up and operation procedures development, review and approval.
- Prepare TO systems and job packs with project team and coordinate process walk downs / punch listing. Plan Project and Maintenance job packs for activities that require permitting.
- Support various operation work process design and system and implementation, e.g. Operation Integrity Management System.
- Plan and prepare assigned pre-commissioning, commissioning and start-up work. Coordinate, lead or supervise multi-functional task team to Start-Up the process unit safely.
- Prepare daily instructions for the shift team, liaise between Start-up Management and the operating teams for prioritization and optimization and ensure the plan is followed.
- Responsible for coordination of procurement of Catalyst / Chemicals / additives and required process consumables with supply chain / 3rd party.
- Support the ongoing competitiveness and continuous improvement of unit operation at site.
- Accountable for maintaining high levels of unit or work reliability, cost effective operations, and/or product movements.
- Manage within the budget, identify and capture efficiencies and prioritize work commitments.
- Plan, coordinate, and execute the optimization of field/plant assets, manpower, and logistics.
- Participate and contribute in scenario-based risk assessments, project risk assessments, internal audits, operations integrity assessments and other reviews as applicable.
- Complete or progress work instructions given by supervisor to meet production targets.
- Drive operational excellence with the help of engineering specialist from Technical / Safety / Machinery / Fix Equipment / Application / IEA disciplines.
Required Skills and Knowledge
- Bachelor degree or above in chemical engineering / process or related major.
- 10 years of working experience in Petrochemical industry, including 5 years in olefin (steam cracking) plant.
- Experience in Pre-commissioning, Commissioning and Start-up in the sections like Furnace unit, Olefins recovery unit is an advantage.
- Experience in international projects, Multi-National Corporations or Joint Venture is an advantage.
- Track record of safe work performance.
- Able to use English as the working language.