Purpose & Accountabilities:
General: To lead projects and improvement activities with for the assigned operating units. This will help enable the operating unit and on-site employees in producing and compiling high value information and data as measured by improvement trends in data quality. The role will also require the individual to ensure the deliverables for the run & maintain process, maintenance data management process and other assigned data processes by contributing and providing support.
Operational delivery: Focal Point for any changes in ERP data working closely with Global and / or Central Data and Process design owners. To specifically perform activities as primary CMMS engineer, subject matter expert and / or lead engineer in maintenance, assurance, technical support and standardization of technical data and documents of the operating unit, including any site engagements and leadership on technical and tools forums. In addition to analyze technical data and documents and processes for the business by working with engineering, maintenance, operations and project teams and partners.
Compliance: Ensure that activities are executed in line with Shell’s policies and standards. (Data protection, HSSE&SP, DEP, AMS/OE blades, GAME-ME).
Primary owner to ensure that managed technical data and documents of operating units / sites, in accordance to controls and standards and within the limits. Support CMMS activities for various business units. These include:
- Asset Hierarchy build activities:
- Define data structures and /or data build that is fit for purpose for the CMMS.
- Define and set up the asset hierarchy (including system and unit level.
- Develop the maintenance asset structure by reviewing engineering documents such as P&IDs, PEFS, etc. in accordance with Blueprint / GAME standards, and perform uploads into the CMMS.
- Implementing a QA/QC system to to ensure that the data is compliant with requirements set out in local and / or PM Data Minimum Standards / GAME.
- Class and Characteristic Data
- Support and recommend required equipment characteristics.
- Populate equipment characteristics by reviewing data sheet, specification sheet, etc.
- Safety Critical Elements (SCEs) Identification:
- Co-facilitate asset criticality (SCE/PCE) identification with discipline and technical authorities.
- Help identify integrity assurance level for SCEs in accordance with the GPST and local requirements.
- Bill of Materials (BoM)
- Identify and update spare parts required in maintenance with the Spare Management team / material master team in the operating unit / site.
- To ensure that the in linewith task list operation.
- Collaborate with the Spares Management team to identify missing tags and align data requirements.
- Operations and maintenance documentation.
- Maintenance Procedure Library management.
- Maintenance Planning configuration and management in ERP.
- Maintenance Procedure configuration (Task Lists) in ERPs.
- Configure Measuring points and Performance based maintenance.
- Maintenance Strategy implementation.
- Accountability and management of bulk data management tools.
- Extraction of maintenance data and subsequent analysis using MS office or other analytical Tools.
Support operating unit’s Operations Readiness & Assurance process and other processes to meet / achieve their plant maintenance data request management KPI's to meet 100% by bringing process improvements through automation and continously improving the process.
Lead the operations readiness & assurance support and delivering it successfully by helping the business to sort out intergrity assurance problems in the data by co-ordinating with global / central assurance support process experts along with the business and Data Process Design Owner (DPDO).
Focal for resolving access issues in the data management tool. Cordinate and take initiative to find renovate the existing data management tools.
Financial: Utilize ERP e.g. SAP/MAXIMO/PACER, as a tool to ensure safe and reliable maintenance to ensure availability of the equipment for safety / production, and reducing cost.
Quality: Maintain minimum Shell standards for data input to SAP and CMMS systems across the operating unit. Manage relationships with Asset, Functional and TAO based technical authorities, subject matter experts from the business, engineering managers and leads, operation managers etc.
Leadership. Coach and mentor staff on technical topics and AMS work processes. Expected to be able to coach MEC topics to skill level and others to awareness.
Skills & Requirements:
- Preferably a University Degree in Mechanical / Electrical / Instrumentation / Chemical and other oil and gas related degree. Degrees in other fields will be considered with the relevant experience.
- SAP PM experience and master data management will be an added advantage.
- Required 5 yrs+ or more of work experience in Oil & Gas / Petrochemicals industry past degree in engineering with experience in one or more of the following:
- Hands on Experience in Plant Maintenance / Operations Readiness & Assurance (OR&A) in the Oil & Gas and Petro-chemical fields. Has been a part of Refinery / Petrochem / Oil Platform maintenance or OR&A team and familiar with the daily operations, preventive maintenance, corrective maintenance activities
- Experience in Technical / Maintenance Data and Documents management including processes and tools. For example, proficiency in SAP PM module with links to MM / QM / PS module as an end user and as a core team user, automation skills in MS Office tools like Excel / Access etc. and Engineering Document Management Systems (EDMS)
- Awareness in the OR&A process and tools.
- Effective communication skills and stakeholder management is a necessary skill for the job.
- Experience of leading change in complex environments and a track record in building, influencing and sustaining natural teams. Able to demonstrate in depth technical knowledge on rotating equipment, valves and reliability engineering. Solid experience in maintenance project management and facilitating continuous improvement. Able to deal with a wide range of stakeholders at different seniority levels and experience working with different cultures.
Basic understanding the Upstream Safety Critical Elements (SCE) identification and management process, performance standards, and turnaround support will be an added value.