Primary owner to ensure that technical data and documents are free of data defects, following Controls and Standards, and within the limits of KPI’s.
Perform reliability engineer role and other technical functions, with a scope covering technical data and documents of the operating units and manufacturing sites. This role is expected to help rotating /static equipment engineers in implementing the standard maintenance strategy for preventive/corrective maintenance of various equipment uniformly in various operating units across the Shell.
Provision, as subject matter expert (SME), for Technical Support that enables the operating units, Sites to leverage the benefits of utilizing the Engineering Services-Reliability Study, maintenance strategy to the fullest extent.
Focal Point for any changes in ERP data working closely with Global and/or Central Data and Process design owners. To specifically perform activities as a primary data engineer, subject matter expert, and/or lead engineer in maintenance, assurance, technical support, and standardization of technical data and documents of the operating unit, including any site engagements and leadership on technical and tools forums. Besides, to analyze technical data, documents, and processes for the business to align with AMS by working with engineering, maintenance, operations, and project teams and partners.
Compliance: Ensure that activities are executed in line with Shell’s policies and standards. (Data protection, HSSE&SP, DEP, AMS, MEC).
- Effectively lead and guide the team for Maintenance, Reliability & Turnaround Data, and the documentation process and deliver it successfully by ensuring quality assurance, to meet/achieve their plant maintenance data request management KPI's to meet 100% by bringing process improvements through automation and continuously improving the process.
- The primary responsibility in preparing/developing comprehensive maintenance strategy from overhaul reports, maintenance reports, general task list, equipment specific task lists, spare part list, equipment drawings, circuit diagrams, P&IDs, operation and maintenance manuals of OEMs, etc., for equipment like engines, pumps, compressors, turbines, etc., as per shell standards.
- These revised maintenance strategies and reliability improvement plans should include a detailed description of the tasks that need to be performed for overhauling/maintenance of each equipment/installation.
- Constantly engage with site maintenance leads, original equipment manufacturers, vendors, and conduct reliability studies in consultation with site maintenance personnel.
- Interact and communicate with the site focal for reliability studies and maintenance strategies, understanding the intricacies about how the actual maintenance activities for rotating equipment's have been planned and performed in various Operating Units of Shell.
- Understanding the functions of the various equipment's and instruments and also a thorough knowledge of reading/ interpreting the engineering drawings (P&IDs, PEFS, PFDs).
- Managing stakeholders/ representatives of various operating units through effective communication and identifying & resolving the bottlenecks for data analysis, maintaining issue logs, and use the same in implementing changes/improvements in the processes.
- Expected to work in collaboration with MTO team to identify, prioritize, and take action to mitigate threats and realize opportunities to meet the Strategic Asset Management Plan and business plan delivery.
- Prepare and update optimized equipment care strategies and plans for the systems within operating units and support them to sustain asset performance.
- To achieve business Context, Performance targets, Asset Integrity, Availability, and costs, risk-based methodologies like (RCM/RBI/SIS) are utilized to Optimize Maintenance Activities.
- The Asset Register shall be complete for all equipment in MEC scope and maintained in a Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS). Defining Functional System Priority considering the Production Loss Equation, Asset, and Environment Consequences. RAM Matrix is used for this activity. Based on the prioritization of the Functional System, RCM Study is conducted using tools like w-IMS, w-RCM, etc. Equipment care tasks shall be defined and documented in a GPO approved IMS application. The Engineering disciplines shall be accountable for defining equipment care tasks and optimize them for a benchmarked competitive cost. After proper review of these risk-based recommended strategies/tasks, by Reliability Team, the same shall be updated/implemented in CMMS/SAP.
- Can be assigned as a trainer for the area of process tools expertise. May share the responsibility with the supervisor in staff development of other team members.
- Create/Develop Standard Work Instructions/Standard ways of working for PM data management for assigned processes viz. Plant maintenance Master data management Process, Run and maintain Process for Operating Units and other assigned processes.
- Quality: Maintain Shell data minimum standards for data input to ERP and CMMS systems across the operating unit. Manage relationships with Asset, Functional, and TAO based technical authorities, subject matter experts from the business, engineering managers and leads, operation managers, etc.
- Leadership. Coach and mentor staff on technical topics and AMS work processes. Expected to be able to coach MEC topics to skill level and others to awareness.
Skills & Requirements:
- University Degree in Mechanical / Electrical / Instrumentation / Chemical and other oil and gas-related degree. Degrees in other fields will be considered with the relevant experience. 5 years+ or more of work experience in Oil & Gas / Petrochemicals industry past degree in engineering with experience in one or more of the following:
- Shall be able to prepare/developing asset structure, SCE review and implementation, and bill of materials (BoM) using the equipment’s drawings, circuit diagrams, PEFS, P&IDs, operation, and maintenance manual of OEMs. Data gathering for the reliability analysis from CMMS, maintenance manuals, best practices, etc. Perform Gap analysis between the P&ID’s and CMMS maintainable data.
- Prepare & update the schedules for maintenance strategy reviews and conduct the reviews based on Risk and Reliability Management principles with tools such as PM Optimization (PMO), REM strategy reviews, RCM, and Equipment Care Strategy Library where applicable.
- Shall be able to conduct reliability centered maintenance studies for the rotating equipment, including package equipment. Able to interpret the RCM study results and convert them into PM routines for better maintenance efficiency. Participation/Leading end-to-end RCM process starting with identifying Threats and Opportunities to implementing RCM outcome with a mindset of CI (Continuous Improvement) is preferred.
- Integrity Assurance: Work with Technical Authorities (TA) on critical data for safety-critical element/ equipment; identification & review of Performance Standards for the SCE. Assist Reliability Technician/CMMS team on data upload to CMMS.
- Follow the AMS maintenance execution process (ME). Use SAP Preventative Maintenance (PM) notifications and work orders to manage work processes to ensure all equipment is maintained per scheduled maintenance plans on time. Lead multidiscipline engineers team to conduct RCM study and discussion with Site discipline & reliability engineers. E2E Implementation knowledge of the AMS MEC process.
- Hands-on Experience in Plant Maintenance in the Oil & Gas and Petro-chemical fields as a part of Refinery / Petrochemical / Oil& Gas Platform maintenance team and familiar with the daily operations, preventive maintenance, corrective maintenance activities
- Has exposure to Plant Turnaround / Pitstop / Major maintenance activities as either part of the maintenance team, planning team, and/or engineering support team.
- Knowledgeable in field inspection processes, corrosion monitoring, and related technical know-how, knowledge of various NDT processes, inspection management plans, task lists, piping integrity and maintenance of static equipment like pressure vessels, columns, heat exchangers, etc, & knowledge in Risk-Based Inspection (RBI) Methodology is an added value.
- Effective communication skills and stakeholder management is a necessary skill for the job.
- Experience in leading change in complex environments and a track record in building, influencing, and sustaining natural teams. Able to demonstrate in-depth technical knowledge on rotating equipment, valves, and reliability engineering. Solid experience in maintenance project management and facilitating continuous improvement. Able to deal with a wide range of stakeholders at different seniority levels and experience working with different cultures. Support the operational units via a virtual environment. Professional Engineering Certification (API, SIL/SIF, etc.) is preferred. Knowledge/Proficiency in SAP PM/MM module is an added value. Knowledge/Proficiency in MS Office, Power BI, Azure DevOps, etc. is highly desirable.