£75 to £120,00 PA, tax free, (including accommodation allowance)
Our client is a major player in the global high hazard Insurance sector, providing risk engineering services across the globe, for clients in all sectors, from oil & gas exploration and production, through refining, downstream petrochemicals, and power plants.
The role will be heavily client facing, surveying client’s oil and gas, LNG, refining and petrochemicals assets, producing risk assessments, loss estimates and conducting training and benchmarking exercises. The role offers the opportunity to interact with senior client staff in risk management, operations, maintenance and engineering functions. The ability to communicate to all organizational levels is a critical competency.
Scope of Activities
- Standard risk engineering surveys. This is our client’s crucial base offering. A survey consists of a typically 2-3 day visit to a client facility, interviews with key management teams and site tours. The output is an engineering report which details.
- Description of the site operations
- An analysis of loss prevention/mitigation features
- A ranking of the quality of the site and recommendations for improvement
- Estimation of property damage, often using bespoke modelling software
- Assessments for business interruption and consequential losses
- The role will also involve carrying out risk assessments of operational hydrocarbon plants and reviews of new projects for hydrocarbon clients.
- The position will also support the oil and chemicals team in placing risks in international insurance markets.
- Manage and develop engineering management systems.
- Sound working knowledge of oil and gas, refining and downstream industry technologies and construction management. Work execution methods and project management are required.
- Experience to power and related sectors a distinct advantage.
- Exposure to risk assessed driven decision-making is essential - relevant to field of expertise.
- IT literacy to include general office systems such as Word, Excel, Power Point (or similar). Experience of technical simulation packages for process modelling, risk assessment, project execution purposes as is relevant to field of expertise.
- Enhanced written and verbal communication skills.
- Develops new and expanded business opportunities.
- Utilize and develop spheres of influence to develop new and expanded business.
- 10-15 years' experience in Operations / Maintenance / Technical Functions in Oil & Gas or LNG, refining and petrochemicals.
- Experience of both thermal and hydro power plants is highly desirable. Renewable energy and CCGT exposure will be an added advantage.
- Chemical or Mechanical Engineering Degree (or equivalent)) is preferred.
- Combination of Middle East (majority) and world-wide travel required (typically 70-90 days per year).
Our client is offering this opportunity on local, tax free staff terms. The remuneration range quoted includes payments for accommodation. Medical cover and travel costs will be met additionally.
Interested and suitable qualified candidates should forward a Word version for their CV to:
Mark Stracey at Mark Stracey Recruitment. E mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Mark Stracey Recruitment operates as both an employment business and employment agency.