Johnson & Johnson Vision Care Ireland is located in Limerick and produces the Acuvue range of contact lenses which is the leading contact lens product in the world. Our Limerick site uses the most advanced technology in the industry and we now employ over 1000 people directly. Using our highly automated production process, we produce daily disposable contact lenses while utilizing state of the art technologies such as injection moulding, robotics, vision systems and sterilisation systems.
Johnson & Johnson Vision Care Ireland was established in 1995 in the National Technology Park close to the University of Limerick. The facility was originally fitted with six advanced production lines to manufacture one daily disposable contact lens for the European and Japanese markets. Since then we have expanded a number of times and now have over 38 production lines manufacturing one-day, fortnightly, monthly and colour contact lenses which are shipped worldwide.
Each year, we have increased output because of the increase demand for our Acuvue lenses throughout the world Continued expansion of our product lines and extensive engineering and retrofit projects ensure that this growth is sustained well into the future.
We in Process Engineering support an exciting and innovative Value Stream! We support the Value Stream, and you will be a key team member with specific accountability for the areas of process improvement, providing technical support to tackle more sophisticated process issues, and supporting internal and internal site product transfers.
Main areas of responsibility:
- Responsible for providing technical leadership within a production value stream and have ownership for the following
- Working within the NPI process to complete process characterization work, complete process challenge testing, complete process capability and stability runs, to qualify new product & processes to achieve annual business plan.
- Identification and implementation of process related continuous improvement activities that improve product quality and grow overall equipment efficiency.
- Engage with personnel in the identification and resolution of corrective/preventative actions that address any process quality related manufacturing issues.
- Systematically solve problems and use data in support of your decision making. You will enjoy taking the initiative and yet possess the collaborative and influencing skills needed to be a key contributor to cross-functional teams.
- Ensure the delivery of high quality, new and innovative products to our customers, in a timely -and cost-effective manner across multiple product value streams
- Lead process redesign projects, from cradle to grave, complete proof of principle activity, assist in the development and installation & qualification of new process equipment.
- Project management, planning and co-ordination of multiple projects, within an exciting environment.
- Apply troubleshooting expertise to resolve complex equipment, systems and process problems using strong statistical and analytical methodologies.
- Communicate details of findings throughout the organization.
- Keep up to date on the latest process engineering developments and technologies and will discover and build on breakthrough ideas that set new performance standards.
Education And Experience
- Minimum a Level 8. B.Sc. or B.Eng. honours degree qualification in Physics/Chemistry/Biological Science or Mechanical/Material/Process Engineering, with a proven track record of delivering results.
- Minimum of seven years’ work experience in a manufacturing environment or similar.
- Previous experience in the use of 'black belt' type statistical techniques (DOE, Process Capability Analysis, Hypothesis Test methods) and problem-solving methodologies would be a distinct advantage, as would familiarity with equipment validation in an FDA environment
- Good Project Management skills, FPx or other, are required with a proven record of leading multi-functional teams effectively.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to relate well to your peer group.