How will you make an impact?
The Scientist / Engineer will manage planning, execution, and internal / external customer interactions for continuously improving the manufacturing operations process at the plant/site. S(he) will support manufacturing team on the manufacturing floor to produce product, troubleshoot equipment, help drive process improvements, error proof the process, investigate deviations, and provide ownership for specific pieces of processing equipment. S(he) will work closely with colleagues in the Process Sciences (PS) team, MST, PD, Quality, EHS, Commercial, and Manufacturing to ensure compliance and successful technology transfers. This position will interface directly with external clients to provide scientific expertise and process guidance.
What will you do?
- Lead or be a member of cross functional technology transfer teams for cGMP cell banking/DS/DP manufacturing of viral vectors. Collaborate with other sites or clients to ensure success of scale up/ process transfer. Ensure effective information flow, risk assessment, timeline execution, issue resolution and documentation for cross-functional teams. Includes leading the tech transfer facility fit gap assessment.
- MST process lead on client programs as assigned, ensuring the materials, strategy and documentation are in place.
- Work with external partners to support development, qualification, supply, and cGMP manufacture / packaging / labeling.
- Author or provide technical review of batch records for development/tech transfer and related cGMP documentation (e.g., raw material specifications, equipment specifications, validation, supportive development protocols / reports, applicable sections of CMC regulatory filings, etc.).
- Author or assist in preparing PPQ protocols and reports. Assist in providing ‘man in plant’ oversight to development and qualification related activities (eg. oversee execution of development, GMP and PPQ related activities).
- Collaborate with PS/PD/QC/QA to develop testing strategy for raw materials, start materials, intermediates, DS and DP.
- Develop sampling plans with clients and incorporate them into cGMP batch documentation.
- Maintain database containing pedigree of all GMP manufacturing and development activities (i.e., raw material lot #’s, assay, yield, deviations, and other critical attributes).
- Maintain critical quality attribute, in-process and release data tracking and trending analysis as well as in-process equipment parameter tracking and trending analyses.
- Support engineering teams on equipment selection, qualification, and start up activities.
- Investigate root causes of major deviations for cGMP manufacturing, and implement CAPA for major deviations. Work with counterparts in Brammer’s Alachua Process Development and Cambridge Process Sciences, Manufacturing, Quality, Project Management teams etc. to facilitate technology transfer and project success.
How will you get here?
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 70,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.