Join us as a Process Engineer, where you will play a pivotal role in initiating, managing, leading, and implementing process improvements within our manufacturing space. This role offers a great opportunity to provide technical support and training for operations, acting as a subject matter expert for manufacturing operations. You will be tasked with developing business processes around the manufacturing and engineering business units, and collaborating with other teams as well as external contractors.
As a Process Engineer, you will be responsible for ethical conduct and compliance, adhering to AstraZeneca values and behaviors. You will become an expert on the process and equipment to successfully lead and implement process improvements. Your role will involve identifying and executing projects to increase safety, reduce product cost, improve product quality, improve yield, and reduce material usage. You will also be expected to assist in developing control strategy and instrument process design, including emergency and shutdown procedures.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Chemical Engineering or other related technical field
- 0-2 years experience in a pharmaceutical production environment
- 2-5 years experience in a pharmaceutical production environment
- Ability to read P&ID’s, Process Flow Diagrams, and perform mass and energy balances
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Displays a high desire to learn while recognizing one's own limitations
- Able to demonstrate technical capabilities using logical thought processes to analyze information and draw conclusions
- Experience with high temperature and high-pressure applications
- Experience with pressure filter dryer technology
- Experience with root cause investigations
- Lean certification or experience with lean concepts
- Experience with Minitab and/or trackwise
Expectation of working in the office 5 days a week statement: When we put unexpected teams in the same room, we unleash bold thinking with the power to inspire life-changing medicines. In-person working gives us the platform we need to connect, work at pace and challenge perceptions. That’s why we work, on average, a minimum of five days per week from the office. But that doesn’t mean we’re not flexible. We balance the expectation of being in the office while respecting individual flexibility. Join us in our unique and ambitious world.
At AstraZeneca, we are united behind one mission: finding the best solution to put our patients first. We are driven by the challenge to stay ahead in rapidly changing markets, continuously seeking new and better ways to deliver medicines all the way to our patients. Our resilience helps us to thrive as we innovate and evolve. We foster an encouraging, positive environment where ideas are welcomed and rewarded. If you are driven, take smart risks and are able to act quickly, then this is the place for you.
Ready to make a bigger impact on patients? Apply now to join our Operations team as a Process Engineer!
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements.
AstraZeneca requires all US employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 but will consider requests for reasonable accommodations as required by applicable law.