At Fluor, we are proud to design and build projects and careers. This requires teams that are as unique as the projects we execute. We are committed to fostering a work environment that embraces Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DE&I) for all so our employees and stakeholders benefit from the creative solutions derived as a result of embracing differences.
Are you a process engineer that is looking for more than just a job?
Are you excited by working together with very talented people on projects that make a difference?
Do you thrive in an international environment where we design and build complex and challenging capital projects for our clients? We are actively involved in the following exciting industries:
• Life Science Industry: Designing production facilities for Flu Vaccines, Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients (APIs) for important drugs, Blood Fractionation for the life-saving plasma industry, and more.
• Advanced Technologies: Including the fast-paced Semiconductor Industry, Smart Batteries, and Datacenters.
• Advanced Manufacturing: Foods (Sugar, Potato Chips), Beverages (Distilled Spirits), Fast Moving Consumer Goods, and Sustainable Products and Technology.
Do you care about Safety and Sustainability like we do at Fluor?
If you do, keep reading!
Our Fluor office in Greenville, SC is looking for an enthusiastic team member with a can-do attitude that supplements our growing process team.
What we are currently looking for is a Process/Specialty Engineer IV.
Responsibilities of this position include providing Process Technology engineering and technical support for systems with moderate to high complexity. May be the primary interface with Fluor discipline engineers. Typical tasks are
• Perform broad range of process engineering technology assignments such as creating, checking, and updating Mass Balance, PFDs (Process Flow Diagrams), P&IDs (Piping & Instrumentation Diagrams), utility summary, pump hydraulics, line sizing, equipment sizing, specifying pressure safety devices, instrument sizing, line list, checking vendor data.
• Writing process scope and process design basis.
• Participate /lead in P&ID and Safety reviews,
• Understand and follow baseline documents for your project such as the prime contract, scope of work, execution plan, the schedule, cost estimate, and risk documents
• Plan and conduct work in evaluation, selection and application of standard process engineering techniques, procedures, and criteria
• Assist others on engineering problems and methods
• Review and check work of others to assure overall quality of process designs
• Supervise others and/or be responsible for training of junior engineers.
• Contact and consult with other engineering disciplines within the Company in addition to process engineers and supervisors
• Understand and follow the effort-hours budget and process schedule
• Contribute to planning and coordinating work
• Support execution of the Quality Plan to ensure that work product meets defined requirement and standards, as needed
• Represent Process Technology in meetings and conferences related to the execution of the Company’s projects
Notice to Candidates:
Background checks are carried out as part of any conditional offer made, including (but not limited to & role dependant) education, professional registration, employment, references, passport verifications and Global Watchlist screening.
To be Considered Candidates:
Must be authorized to work in the country where the position is located.
Basic Job Requirements
• Accredited four (4) year degree or global equivalent in engineering field of study and ten (10) years of work-related experience; a recognized professional certification or registration in the applicable field, if required; some locations may have additional or different qualifications in order to comply with local requirements
• BS or MS Degree in Chemical Engineering, Biochemical or Bio-Engineering
• Experience creating P&IDs, PFDs and mass balances
• Experience with pump hydraulics for more advanced systems
• Experience with Pressure Safety Devices - scenario analysis and load calculations
• Experience with control valve sizing
• Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing with audiences that include management, coworkers, clients, vendors, contractors, and visitors
• Job related technical knowledge in our industries necessary to complete the job
• Apply knowledge of applicable local, state/province, and federal/national statutes and guidelines
• Apply knowledge of applicable industry guidelines and regulations.
• Advanced experience with Microsoft tools - Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
• Attend to detail and work in a time-conscious and time-effective manner
Other Job Requirements
• This position is designed to be performed at one of the Company’s main offices; however, a US remote or hybrid work arrangement may be considered for the preferred candidate.
• Experience with an EPC company in a process engineering role
• Experience in the Life Science, Advanced Manufacturing, or Advanced Technology industry
• Familiarity with process simulator tools such as Aspen or Hysys
• Familiarity with a hydraulic sizing program such as AFT Fathom and AFT Arrow
• PE registration
• Preference for a candidate local to Greenville, SC
102,000 to 184,000
Fluor is proud to offer a comprehensive benefits package designed to promote employee health, wellness, and financial security. Our offerings include medical, dental and vision plans, EAP, disability coverage, life insurance, AD&D, voluntary benefit plans, 401(k) with a company match, and training and development courses.