At Fluor, we are proud to design and build projects and careers. This requires teams that are as unique as the projects we execute. We are committed to fostering a work environment that embraces Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DE&I) for all so our employees and stakeholders benefit from the creative solutions derived as a result of embracing differences.
Fluor BV is part of Fluor Corporation based in the U.S., a professional and technical solutions provider focusing on Engineering, Procurement, Construction and Maintenance (EPCM) with more than 45000 employees and 34 offices in 50 different countries worldwide.
We especially focus on opportunities emerging in the energy transition and circular economy including carbon capture, green chemicals and hydrogen, plastic recycling, bio- and e-fuels and other sustainable projects. Working for Fluor you could be at the leading edge in energy transition and sustainable projects that will impact our future. At the same time, Fluor continues to be active in the oil, gas, chemicals and petrochemical industries.
The process group is a dynamic team in which technology, process design and leadership skills are combined to effectively support our clients. Process engineers take overall responsibility for the process and process control functionality for projects. In addition to a solid education focusing on process design and/or process control, a set of personal competencies is a prerequisite for a successful process engineer. Being a team player and having an ability to interact effectively with client’s organization and others disciplines in our taskforce is essential.
We are looking for an enthusiastic Process Engineer to strengthen our team!
Principal Job Duties & Responsibilities:
• Perform engineering under guidance of a senior in all project phases e.g. feasibility studies, conceptual design, front-end design, detail engineering and design and plant commissioning for integration of new facilities in revamp type project as well for ‘small’ grass-root type of projects.
• Develop data and perform calculations for engineering functions
• Assist with the preparation of process design specifications containing all components necessary to satisfy contract requirements: process description, process design basis, configuration and other studies, Heat and Material Balance (H&MB), Process Flow Diagrams (PFD), Material Selection Diagrams (MSD), process equipment specifications, process equipment lists, instrument data, relief valve data, contingency analysis, relief loads, catalyst chemical summaries, emission summaries, safeguarding memorandum
• Participate in plot plan review and Hazard and Operability (HAZOP) reviews in regard to plant safety/operability
• Perform process studies for more complex systems if required
• Understand client objectives and goals; implement these objectives and goals in all aspects of work on the project
• Contact and consult with other engineering disciplines within the company in addition to process engineers and supervisors
• Organize and prioritize a variety of projects and multiple tasks in an effective and timely manner, set priorities, and meet deadlines
To be Considered Candidates:
Must be authorized to work in the country where the position is located.
Basic Job Requirements
• Bachelor, master’s degree or equivalent in chemical engineering
• 2 - 5 years of work-related experience
• Fluent in English both verbal and written. German and/or Dutch are an advantage.
• Good communication, organizational & interpersonal skills
• Flexible and willing to travel
• Experience with Scrum, Lean, Agile Methodologies or willingness to learn in practice
Other Job Requirements
• Good communication, organizational and interpersonal skills
• Willingness to connect with people from varies cultural backgrounds
• Focused on achieving overall results - strong and creative problem solver
• Preferably live in Europe
What Fluor can offer:
• Working in a diverse, collaborative team with an open culture
• International dynamic environment with opportunities for assignments around the world
• Excellent learning opportunities to enhance knowledge via internal & external sources
• 36-40 hour workweek
• Activity based working: Flexible work space, with the option to work from home
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other criteria protected by governing law.