At ExxonMobil, our vision is to lead in energy innovations that advance modern living and a net-zero future. As one of the world’s largest publicly traded energy and chemical companies, we are powered by a unique and diverse workforce fueled by the pride in what we do and what we stand for.
The success of our Upstream, Product Solutions and Low Carbon Solutions businesses is the result of the talent, curiosity and drive of our people. They bring solutions every day to optimize our strategy in energy, chemicals, lubricants and lower-emissions technologies.
We invite you to bring your ideas to ExxonMobil to help create sustainable solutions that improve quality of life and meet society’s evolving needs. Learn more about our What and our Why and how we can work together.
ExxonMobil in Malaysia
ExxonMobil is one of the world's largest publicly traded energy providers and chemical manufacturers, ExxonMobil develops and applies next-generation technologies to help safely and responsibly meet the world's growing needs for energy and high-quality chemical products.
In Malaysia, we are involved in significant oil and gas production operations and the marketing of chemical products. We also host a global business and technology center in Kuala Lumpur that provides high-level information technology and engineering expertise to ExxonMobil’s upstream, downstream and chemical businesses worldwide.
What role you will play in the team
We are expanding our organization and looking for passionate individuals with a technical mindset to drive change in our business, and who enjoy working in dynamic, collaborative, and diverse global teams. This position is for an experienced Reliability Engineer to support Upstream and Downstream assets across the globe. Position is based in Kuala Lumpur.
What you will do
- Equipment Strategy development – Fleet and RCM(Reliability Centered Maintenance) based
- Reliability modeling and prediction
- Support in investigations using Fault Tree Analysis, Weibull Tree Analysis, Root-Cause failure Analysis
- Single Point of failure studies
- LCCA (Life Cycle Cost Analysis)
- Unplanned Loss Analysis
- RAM(Reliability Availability and Maintainability) Analysis
- Reliability Analytics
- PMO(PM Optimization)
- Work with Project Reliability or Engineering to ensure the reliability and maintainability of new and modified installations.
- Guide efforts to ensure reliability and maintainability of equipment, processes, utilities, facilities, controls, and safety or security systems.
- Professionally and systematically define, design, develop, monitor and refines annual maintenance plans
- Experience in value-added preventive maintenance tasks
- Effective utilization of predictive and other non-destructive testing methodologies designed to identify and isolate inherent reliability problems.
- Provide input to a Risk Management Plan that will anticipate reliability-related and non-reliability-related risks that could adversely impact plant operation.
- Develop engineering solutions to overcome repetitive failures and other problems that adversely affect plant operations. These problems include capacity, quality, cost or regulatory compliance -related issues
- Asset Utilization
- Overall Equipment Effectiveness
- Remaining useful life
- Other parameters that define operating condition, reliability and costs of assets
- Provide technical support to production, maintenance management and technical personnel
- Facilitate Financial Risk Assessments, Interpret insights for Modelled Safety & Financial Risks
- Facilitate Equipment Strategy development/updates
- Ensure development of competitive annual maintenance plan through reviews and support of risk based work selection calculations
- Tech center representative for Reliability Community of Practice (CoP)
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Mechanical Engineering, Reliability Engineering, Electrical, Instrumentation Engineering or other related disciplines
- Minimum 3 to 7 years of relevant work experience in refinery or petrochemical or upstream oil and gas facilities environment
- Ability to garner technical insights from large engineering data sets using analytical tools and concepts; making competitive decisions/recommendations
- Background or experience in maintenance and execution systems, familiarity with Maintenance Management Systems such as SAP and having supported major turnarounds/shutdowns will be highly valued
We are committed to providing benefits that are competitive and support the needs of our employees.