At ExxonMobil, our vision is to lead in energy innovations that advance modern living and a net-zero future. As one of the world’s largest publicly traded energy and chemical companies, we are powered by a unique and diverse workforce fueled by the pride in what we do and what we stand for.
The success of our Upstream, Product Solutions and Low Carbon Solutions businesses is the result of the talent, curiosity and drive of our people. They bring solutions every day to optimize our strategy in energy, chemicals, lubricants and lower-emissions technologies.
We invite you to bring your ideas to ExxonMobil to help create sustainable solutions that improve quality of life and meet society’s evolving needs. Learn more about our What and our Why and how we can work together.
With a population of more than 118,000, Beaumont ,Texas, is located in the Gulf Coast region of the United States, on the Neches River, about 85 miles east of Houston, the nation's fourth largest city. Beaumont has been a home to the oil industry from the days of the Spindletop oil boom until today, and along with nearby Port Arthur and Orange, is part of the Golden Triangle industrial area on the Texas Gulf Coast. Those who live and work in Beaumont will find a close-knit community with friendly people and opportunities to explore the area at its many restaurants and businesses, as well as numerous museums and nature parks.
Built along the banks of the Neches River in 1903, the original ExxonMobil Beaumont refining facilities have grown into an integrated petrochemical complex on 2,700 acres and have contributed to the economic and social landscape of southeast Texas. In fact, 1 in 7 jobs in Jefferson County are linked to ExxonMobil, making it an integral part of the community. With a workforce of more than 5,500, the Beaumont complex includes a refinery, chemical plant, polyethylene plant and lubricant blending and packaging plant. The complex is part of ExxonMobil’s current building and expansion plans for the U.S. Gulf Coast.
Not only does Beaumont produce Mobil 1, the world’s leading synthetic motor oil, it is the only manufacturer of Mobil Aviation Greases. Other products include fuels and chemical compounds used in a diverse range of products, including plastics, Nylon, shrink wrap and more.
Learn more about what we do in Beaumont here
What role you will play in our team
Process Safety Engineer who will advise operations in the management of process safety risks and hazards through technical support and facilitation of hazard analysis, risk assessments, and other process safety related studies.
What you will do
- Advise operating sites in the management of process safety risks and hazards associated with the processes, equipment and day to day operations
- Provide expert technical support to help drive site improvements, including:
- Review of key safety systems and recommending corrective actions,
- Support effective identification, assessment, and prioritization of risks and the tracking and completion of risk reduction activities in a timely manner, and
- Provide technical support (and leadership if called upon) in incident investigations
- Lead formal risk assessments / Process Hazard Analyses to identify and quantify risk associated with the operation of the facility
- Conduct process safety reviews, process safety-related studies / analyses, and support the development of related control measures for projects
- Provide advice and recommendations on the applicability and interpretation of both internal and external safety guidelines and standards
- Support operating site’s Risk Management Plans and provide technical support to safety and regulatory audits
May be responsible for backfilling Process Safety Team Supervisor
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor Degree in Chemical Engineering or equivalent
- Minimum 10 years of petrochemical/refining experience in one or more of the following areas: Safety, Operations, and / or Engineering Design
- Working experience with hazard identification, risk analyses and assessment methodologies (e.g. Hazard Identification (HAZID), Inherent SHE Review, PHAs)
- Working knowledge of industry codes, standards and practices relevant to process design and safety (e.g. ASME, API, NFPA, ANSI, etc.) and Recognized and Generally Accepted Good Engineering Practices (RAGAGEP)
- Understanding and experiences with risk scenario development techniques, including assignment of probabilities and consequences
Preferred Qualifications/ Experience
- Utilization of consequence modelling tools (e.g. DNV PHAST).
- Controls and Protective System Design concepts and impact in risk assessments.
- Design and review of fire protection systems and expertise for firefighting strategies/tactics.
- BLAST and Toxic facility siting
- Design, commissioning, start-up of a petrochemical facility.
An ExxonMobil career is one designed to last. Our commitment to you runs deep: our employees grow personally and professionally, with benefits built on our core categories of health, security, finance, and life.
We offer you:
- Pension Plan: Enrollment is automatic and at no cost to you. The basic benefit is a monthly annuity to be paid to you in retirement for the rest of your life.
- Savings Plan: You can contribute between 6% and 20% of your pay and are encouraged to enroll right away. If you contribute at least 6% to your savings plan, the Company will contribute a 7% match.
- Workplace Flexibility: We have several programs such as “Flex your Day”, providing ad-hoc flexibility around when and where you work, as well as longer-term programs such as leaves of absence and part-time work
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans
- Culture of Health: Programs and resources to support your wellbeing
- Employee Health Advisory Program: Provides confidential professional counseling for you and your family, including tools and resources promoting mental health and resiliency at no additional cost to you
- Disability Plan: Income replacement for when you cannot work due to illness or injury occurring on or off the job. Enrollment is automatic and at no cost to you