At ExxonMobil, our vision is to lead in energy innovations that advance modern living and a net-zero future. As one of the world’s largest publicly traded energy and chemical companies, we are powered by a unique and diverse workforce fueled by the pride in what we do and what we stand for.
The success of our Upstream, Product Solutions and Low Carbon Solutions businesses is the result of the talent, curiosity and drive of our people. They bring solutions every day to optimize our strategy in energy, chemicals, lubricants and lower-emissions technologies.
We invite you to bring your ideas to ExxonMobil to help create sustainable solutions that improve quality of life and meet society’s evolving needs. Learn more about our What and our Why and how we can work together.
What role you will play in our team
We are seeking Senior Polyolefin Process Engineers to join us in technical roles within our gulf coast manufacturing locations, specifically in Mont Belvieu, TX.
Our Senior Engineers play a pivotal role in the successful operation of our plants and are responsible for initiating and leading improvements to unit performance in safety, production, and reliability in a dynamic team environment. You will think strategically, execute thoughtfully, and collaborate across many teams, levels, and situations. In this role, you will serve as a senior process technical leader, mentoring less experienced engineers and providing technical and operational expertise to address complex problems across the site.
What you will do
- Maintain a ‘safety first’ attitude and be a safety leader
- Work in a team environment with other engineering disciplines, operations, and mechanical personnel
- Have leadership capabilities with organization, communication, and team working skills, through a combination of formal training and experience
- Serve as a senior technical leader working with supervisors on the team to set clear objectives, and ensure priorities are aligned for the technical team
- Serve as the technical expert on the business team by:
- Mentoring less experienced engineers on design practices, unit health monitoring, and troubleshooting
- Aiding in the development of long term vision and strategy for product line improvements
- Organizing, designing, and overseeing plant testing and product trials
- Providing technical assistance for customer concerns
- Review complex management of change requests to process equipment and controls
- Serve as process safety resource on business team leading Hazard and Operability Reviews (HAZOPs) and Risk Assessments by developing closure plans and strategies for identified risks
- Provide support for developing and implementing various capital projects
- Provide assistance in the field during plant startups, shutdowns or upsets
- Have a demonstrated ability to influence without direct authority
- Be able to provide off-hours support of abnormal and non-routine operations, including unit Turnarounds
Skills and Qualifications
- B.S. Chemical Engineering or Mechanical Engineering; M.S. Chemistry with emphasis in polymers
- 8-15+ years professional experience in roles providing technical engineering support to manufacturing sites
Preferred Qualifications/ Experience
- Process engineering experience in a polymers manufacturing environment
- Technical knowledge in operating polyolefin reactors, finishing equipment or solids handling/conveying
- Risk assessment and HAZOP leadership experience
- Ability to think strategically and develop creative solutions to resolve operational problems
- Demonstrated sound business judgment and ability to view and incorporate larger initiatives into strategy development
- Ability to provide informal leadership and mentoring
- Demonstrated ability to influence and promote change to achieve desired results
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
An ExxonMobil career is one designed to last. Our commitment to you runs deep: our employees grow personally and professionally, with benefits built on our core categories of health, security, finance, and life.
We offer you:
- Pension Plan: Enrollment is automatic and at no cost to you. The basic benefit is a monthly annuity to be paid to you in retirement for the rest of your life
- Savings Plan: You can contribute between 6% and 20% of your pay and are encouraged to enroll right away. If you contribute at least 6% to your savings plan, the Company will contribute a 7% match
- Workplace Flexibility: We have several programs such as “Flex your Day”, providing ad-hoc flexibility around when and where you work, as well as longer-term programs such as leaves of absence and part-time work
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans
- Culture of Health: Programs and resources to support your wellbeing
- Employee Health Advisory Program: Provides confidential professional counseling for you and your family, including tools and resources promoting mental health and resiliency at no additional cost to you
- Disability Plan: Income replacement for when you cannot work due to illness or injury occurring on or off the job. Enrollment is automatic and at no cost to you
More information on our Company’s benefits can be found at www.exxonmobilfamily.com.
Please note benefits may be changed from time to time without notice, subject to applicable law.