At ExxonMobil, our vision is to lead in energy innovations that advance modern living and a net-zero future. As one of the world’s largest publicly traded energy and chemical companies, we are powered by a unique and diverse workforce fueled by the pride in what we do and what we stand for.
The success of our Upstream, Product Solutions and Low Carbon Solutions businesses is the result of the talent, curiosity and drive of our people. They bring solutions every day to optimize our strategy in energy, chemicals, lubricants and lower-emissions technologies.
We invite you to bring your ideas to ExxonMobil to help create sustainable solutions that improve quality of life and meet society’s evolving needs. Learn more about our What and our Why and how we can work together.
ExxonMobil in Malaysia
ExxonMobil is one of the world's largest publicly traded energy providers and chemical manufacturers, ExxonMobil develops and applies next-generation technologies to help safely and responsibly meet the world's growing needs for energy and high-quality chemical products.
In Malaysia, we are involved in significant oil and gas production operations and the marketing of chemical products. We also host a global business and technology center in Kuala Lumpur that provides high-level information technology and engineering expertise to ExxonMobil’s upstream, downstream and chemical businesses worldwide.
What role you will play in the team
ExxonMobil is a place where we believe people should think independently, take initiative, grow to their full potential, and help shape the future of energy. With a long history of industry leadership and cutting-edge innovation, we are committed to addressing the dual challenge facing society today: meeting the world’s growing demand for energy while reducing environmental impacts, including the risk of climate change.
We are expanding our manufacturing control system organization and looking for control system engineers who enjoy working in dynamic, collaborative and diverse global teams to provide support to ExxonMobil manufacturing sites, such as business data workflow, data processing and accessibility.
Currently, we have an opportunity for an experienced Manufacturing Control Systems Engineer to join our global team. The role is based in Menara ExxonMobil, Kuala Lumpur.
What you will do
If successful, you will represent the Business Unit in providing effective above-site manufacturing digital and data optimization support. You will be part of the team to leverage central work processes and tools and identify continuous improvement opportunities to increase effectiveness and efficiency. You will also have the opportunity to grow and develop junior engineers. Above all, key to manage the strong partnership with business and key contacts through quality work deliverables.
In summary, we are looking for an experienced individual who will play a key role in supporting our technical and business impactful decision-making process. Key deliverables include:
- Support process control systems infrastructure (software/hardware) and advanced control applications for refineries and chemical plants
- Design and engineer computing infrastructure such as servers, operating systems and networks
- Integrate and deploy advanced control applications into the industrial control systems (ICS) environment
- Provide effective above-site Control Systems sustainment support
- Leverage work processes and tools are in place to facilitate effective above-site support, and identifies opportunities to improve effectiveness and efficiency
- Primary interface for remote engineering support with manufacturing Site Engineers/ Site Single Point of contact to meet site priorities and opportunities to ensure reliable control system operation
- Establish yourself as an extended member of the site Control Systems team, and proactively contribute to work-planning and prioritization discussions
- Collaborate with Application Engineers to ensure applications infrastructure within scope of responsibility are operating at optimum level.
- Maintain strong working relationship with Control System Support Team (CSST) regarding the CSST Roadmap, upgrades, enhancements, or initiatives involving equipment and/or systems relating to the (ICSE)
- Interface with and provide input to SME and Supervisor on issues and opportunities
- Monitoring and surveillance of integrity parameters to ensure reliable operations.
- Troubleshooting, root cause analysis, and integrity recommendation stewardship.
- Bad actor identification and analysis to reduce equipment downtime.
- Data analytics, digital tools/ technologies and operationalize upgraded work practices through digital transformation.
- Overall integrity effectiveness and management which includes, criticality assessments, consequence/ complexity rating of fixed equipment, development of fit-for-purpose risk based strategies, setting optimum task intervals including considerations to local regulations/ statutory requirements, timely review of inspection findings, and ever-greening of strategies.
- Regional oversight and stewardship of integrity work product metrics for quality, effectiveness, and efficiency in achieving business unit/ manufacturing site objectives.
- Coordination and communication between various global centers and business affiliates for various aspects such as, knowledge transfer, sharing learnings, skill management and maintaining business relationships.
- Technical mentoring and continuous on-the-job guidance to junior engineers in the team.
- Ability to learn and adapt to an agile and flexible working environment, continuously stay abreast of latest developments in industry standards/ practices, bring in leanings/ experience to challenge and improvise company work processes/ practices.
Skills and Qualifications
To be eligible for this role, you must have or be able to demonstrate the following:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering/Computer Science/Information Technology
- Experience with virtualization, networking, Windows servers, operating systems, Active Directory, domain controllers and/or PowerShell
- Experience with software configuration, integration, testing and technical documentation
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to collaborate effectively with internal and external customers
- Troubleshooting skills, innovative and analytical thinking
- Intellectual rigor, strong drive and desire to lead change
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural global team
- Understanding of operational aspects such as high availability, monitoring, security, and robustness
Preference will be given to those with the following additional skills / abilities:
- Experience supporting DCS/PLC in manufacturing domain environment
We are committed to providing benefits that are competitive and support the needs of our employees.
Please be informed that only shortlisted candidates will be notified, and you can find out more about our hiring process here.
For more information about business solicitation and recruiting scams, please click here.
We thank you for your interest in ExxonMobil.