At ExxonMobil, our vision is to lead in energy innovations that advance modern living and a net-zero future. As one of the world’s largest publicly traded energy and chemical companies, we are powered by a unique and diverse workforce fueled by the pride in what we do and what we stand for.
The success of our Upstream, Product Solutions and Low Carbon Solutions businesses is the result of the talent, curiosity and drive of our people. They bring solutions every day to optimize our strategy in energy, chemicals, lubricants and lower-emissions technologies.
We invite you to bring your ideas to ExxonMobil to help create sustainable solutions that improve quality of life and meet society’s evolving needs. Learn more about our What and our Why and how we can work together.
ExxonMobil in Malaysia
ExxonMobil is one of the world's largest publicly traded energy providers and chemical manufacturers, ExxonMobil develops and applies next-generation technologies to help safely and responsibly meet the world's growing needs for energy and high-quality chemical products.
In Malaysia, we are involved in significant oil and gas production operations and the marketing of chemical products. We also host a global business and technology center in Kuala Lumpur that provides high-level information technology and engineering expertise to ExxonMobil’s upstream, downstream and chemical businesses worldwide.
What role you will play in the team
We are expanding our Process Safety Engineering support team and are looking for experienced Process Safety Engineers with downstream exposure who have a curiosity for learning, have an improvement mindset, and enjoy working in global teams.
What you will do
- Support all aspects of process safety engineering as needed for ExxonMobil' refineries and chemical plants, including facility siting, pressure relief/disposal, consequence analysis, dispersion modeling, fire protection, risk discovery (e.g. HAZOP or similar), risk analysis (LOPA, Event Tree Analysis, Fault Tree Analysis, Availability Target setting), as well as safety in design and management of change evaluations.
- Engage risk owners and advise on risk management decisions related to process safety concerns at their facilities.
We are looking for an experienced individual who will play a key role in the technical design decisions we take. Key deliverables include:
- Solving technical problems in real-time with a bias for action and a hands-on attitude
- Integrating into the site business team to partner with resources at the manufacturing site to meet site needs while addressing hazards and risk scenarios
- Developing technical expertise in one or more sub-disciplines of Process Safety and sharing training/mentorship with rest of group
- Delivering ExxonMobil Process Safety technical training to a global audience
- Having an in-depth understanding of manufacturing equipment operations and ability to identify applicable process safety hazards & scenarios through independent review.
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in Chemical Engineering or related Engineering field
- At least 8 years industry experience (or, at least 6 years' experience candidate has experience working in a direct technical support role in a downstream manufacturing facility).
- Be able to demonstrate the following:
o Strong communication and interpersonal skills
o Ability to collaborate effectively with internal and external customers
o Innovative and analytical thinking
o Intellectual rigor, strong drive, and desire to lead change
o Strong initiative, drive and self-motivation skills
- Experience in facilitating PHA work processes such as HAZOP, HAZ-ID, LOPA, etc.
- Experience with risk assessment, consequence analysis, dispersion modelling, facilities siting
- Knowledge in using technical software (e.g. PROII, PHAST, HYSYS, PHAPro)
- Site experience helping deliver practical risk mitigation solutions
- Knowledge of petrochemical hazards and operating scenarios
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural global team with schedule flexibility for global meeting needs
- Ability to manage workload under time pressure and changing priorities
- Ability to travel to manufacturing sites for training and development (travel estimated to be less than 10%).
We are committed to providing benefits that are competitive and support the needs of our employees.
Please be informed that only shortlisted candidates will be notified, and you can find out more about our hiring process here.
For more information about business solicitation and recruiting scams, please click here.
We thank you for your interest in ExxonMobil.