This position has the responsibility for providing primary optimization support (productivity, quality, efficiency, and reliability) to improve the Process Control Systems controlling the operating unit. This includes working across multi-disciplined teams, managing complex and highly technical DCS/APC systems, and driving continuous improvement in an industrial process environment.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Provides optimization support of process control systems, which includes Distributed Control Systems (DCS), and Multi-variable Process Control (MVPC/APC).
- Supports Advanced Logic and Sequence development.
- Supports Advanced Analytics activities to improve site-wide efficiency and reliability performance through digital transformation.
- Designs, configures, and tests new additions to the process control systems and supports the Management of Change (MOC) process.
- Coordinates with individuals or support groups within the unit to review and/or implement DCS process control operational modifications, system enhancements, unit improvements, and new process unit installations.
- Creates and distributes reports from the process control systems.
- Participates as a critical team member on process control migrations, upgrades, and Turnaround (TAR) projects.
- Troubleshoots advanced control issues within the DCS/APC systems.
- Provides process simulation and operator training support to the operating unit.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering discipline (Chemical or Electrical preferred) with a minimum of 4 years of experience in the petrochemical industry required.
- Minimum 3 years of experience supporting industrial process control systems required.
Languages English, additional language preferred
- Excellent influencing and communication skills
- Ability to work across multi-disciplinary teams and interact with all levels of the organization
- Good Computing Skills
- Commitment to HSSE
- Self-motivation and high initiative
- Uderstanding of Emerson DeltaV DCS preferred
- Understanding of AspenTech APC preferred
- Understanding of Industrial Internet of Things preferred
Builds effective teams
Instills trust and exemplifies integrity
We are LyondellBasell – a leader in the global chemical industry creating solutions for everyday sustainable living. Through advanced technology and focused investments, we are enabling a circular and low carbon economy. Across all we do, we aim to unlock value for our customers, investors and society. As one of the world’s largest producers of polymers and a leader in polyolefin technologies, we develop, manufacture and market high-quality and innovative products for applications ranging from sustainable transportation and food safety to clean water and quality healthcare. For more information, please visit www.lyondellbasell.com or follow @LyondellBasell on LinkedIn.
Must be at least 18 years of age and must be legally authorized to work in the United States (US) on a permanent basis without visa sponsorship.
LyondellBasell does not accept or retain unsolicited résumés or phone calls and/or respond to them or to any third party representing job seekers.
LyondellBasell is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The US EEO is the Law poster is available here.