Principal Process Engineer
Our client is a leading company in Upstream, Midstream and Downstream activities in the integrated energy sector, and is looking for a Principal Process Engineer to be based at in Basingstoke to provide technical and organisational leadership to process engineering activities on a wide range of projects from studies and design, to troubleshooting, commissioning and decommissioning.
The Key responsibilities are:
- Act as technical specialist and/or where applicable lead process engineer on projects, studies etc.
- Undertake the competent engineering of process systems in accordance with specified procedures and plans.
- Where required, supervise the technical activities of the design team to complete activities to the required technical standard and project schedule.
- To undertake expert technical work is specialist areas.
- Coordinate and expedite discipline and multidiscipline interfaces for areas of responsibility.
- Undertake short term visits to a wide range of operating site and geographic regional offices worldwide.
- Prepare man-hour estimates and planning activities for proposals and projects as required.
- Critically review the suitability and accuracy of technical standards and procedures and develop new ones as required.
- Be aware and evaluate the effect of new/modified legislation on plant design and performance
- Ensure all activities necessary to guarantee the design of a ‘safe’ plant are performed.
- Significant experience of technical and team leadership within a project environment working in the Oil and Gas Industry either as a Contractor or Oil Company Personnel. Experience preferred in Upstream Engineering.
- Excellent written and oral English language.
- Masters Degree in Chemical Engineering or other relevant discipline.
- Member of a relevant Institution, Preferred Chartered Eng.