Engineering Manager - Chemicals
Engineering Manager (Mechanical bias) Chemicals / Manchester / Up to £50000 basic plus bonus and benefits
We are recruiting for an Engineering Manager role on behalf of a leading global chemical manufacturer. They are a very dynamic business that is expanding both organically and by acquisition and are one of the market leaders in their sector.
The position is based from my client's Manchester location and is responsible for Engineering across the site including management of a skilled team of Engineers. There is considerable autonomy in the position which reports into the General Manager. The role focuses on managing and developing the PPM schedule plus breakdown maintenance whilst continually striving to make incremental improvements. Also ensuring that OEE is maximised. There is also the opportunity to work on special projects across the Group as the role develops.
We are looking for candidates with substantial mechanical engineering experience including a knowledge of rotating equipment, mixers, pumps, and conveyors. Also stationary equipment including vessels, tanks and hoppers.
- Process manufacturing experience is also required.
- Qualified to a minimum HNC/HND in Mechanical, Process or Chemical Engineering
- Candidates must also have knowledge of legal requirements for mechanical and electrical maintenance.
- Strong leadership skills are also essential along with the ability to work well within a team and build relationships.
- Experience of working within a continuous improvement culture
- DSEAR / ATEX experience
- SAP or any other ERP experience is desirable but not essential.
Competitive salary plus bonus and benefits.
Please click on APPLY below to submit your CV.
Athena Executive Search is an Employment Agency and is authorised to recruit this position exclusively by our client.
- Contact: David White
- Reference: Totaljobs/AC/0276/EM
- Job ID: 85375404