Chemical Operations Manager
We are committed to being our customers’ first choice by bringing sustainable value through improved product quality, better process and resource efficiency. We offer a result-oriented and collaborative culture that empowers you to drive excellence and innovation with a major impact on the future.
We now have an opportunity for an Operations Manager at the Teesport site, reporting into the Plant Manager.The primary focus of this role is to manage and continually improve, through teamwork and continuous improvement, the safe operation of the manufacturing activities at the site. You will directly manage a team of eight employees (shift supervisors, QA, Product Development, Maintenance and Logistics) and although this is a day-based role, a degree of flexibility is required to provide out-of-hours support to the plant.
In this role you will have overall responsibility for managing all site manufacturing activities, including maintenance. You will manage production to set budget and targets and liaise with the Plant Manager and key internal stakeholders to understand current and future needs and develop plans for integrating business needs into existing operational activities. Ensuring regulatory and schedule compliance as well as cost containment, you will generate and analyse reports/KPIs to identify problems and drive the implementation of agreed solutions.
What we offer:
- An attractive salary and benefits package including a discretionary bonus.
- Challenging, interesting and varying tasks with training and development within the role allowing you to develop your expertise and grow professionally.
What you need:
- A degree in engineering, preferably in “Chemistry and Process Engineering”.
- Proven experience in a supervisory role and a knowledge of plant operations, preferably from the chemical manufacturing or process industries.
- NEBOSH Certificate or equivalent safety qualification an advantage.
- Excellent communication skills with an ability to analyse data, plan and organise through delegation and teamwork.
- A good level of computer literacy and experience of SAP an advantage.
Interested Please apply
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £52,000.00 to £62,000.00 /year
- Management: 2 years (Required)
- Operations Management: 2 years (Required)
- Bachelor's (Required)