Job Role Summary
• Either individually, or leading a team assisting with process optimization, debottlenecking and equipment trouble-shooting (of oil & gas separation, gas dehydration & compression, water treatment, etc.) in upstream oil and gas production (including LNG) facilities
• Develop process simulation models using HYSYS (including Dynamic Simulation) to better understand onshore and offshore production issues
• Provide overall design guidance and operational surveillance for upstream production facilities
• Mentor junior engineers in interpreting Process & Instrumentation Diagrams (P&IDs), Cause and Effect charts, upstream equipment design, and Pressure Safety Valve (PSV) & Flare design and verification
• Interpret and implement ExxonMobil and Industry Design Standards (e.g., API 14C, API RP 520/521) for loss prevention areas, including:
o Pressure Relief, vapor depressurization/blowdown, and flare systems design
o Survival systems, escape, evacuation and rescue philosophies
o Fire and gas detection and alarm systems
o Active and passive fire protection
• This position also requires some loss prevention skills such as:
o Ability to identify hazards inherent in facility design and operations. Characterize these safety hazards with good engineering practices, determine risk, and recommend safeguards.
o Lead (facilitate) and participate in Risk Assessments and Hazops (Guide-Word method) for company‘s upstream oil and gas production facilities.
o Conduct consequence analysis [dispersion analysis (LEL, toxic gas), radiation analysis, blast analysis] using industry software (e.g. PHAST, FLACS)
o Develop Event Trees to better understand potential consequences and risk associated with inherent hazards
• Bachelor’s degree from a recognized university in Chemical Engineering or equivalent degree with CGPA 7.0 and above
• Minimum 6 years work of experience in direct process or design, risk management, and loss prevention experience in the oil and gas, LNG or chemicals industry
• Good engineering judgment; ability to recognize, assess, and mitigate hazards
• Passionate to be an engineer and shows strong attributes; e.g. attention to detail, initiative, highly organized, good math / analytical skills, and practical use of engineering principles
• Strong desire to mentor junior engineers
• A highly motivated team player with excellent oral and written communication skills
• Fluent in English. Excellent interpersonal skills and problem solving ability
• Willing and able to travel as required, both domestic and international
ExxonMobil does not use recruiting or placement agencies that charge candidates an advance fee of any kind (e.g., placement fees, immigration processing fees, etc.). Follow the LINK to understand more about recruitment scams in the name of ExxonMobil.