We are a leading chemical company, with the best teams developing intelligent solutions for our customers and for a sustainable future. Our success as a company relies on the engagement of our employees. We encourage our employees to develop their strengths, and we recognize their achievements. For you, this means a wide variety of job roles, and exciting opportunities for learning and career development.
BASF has been a committed partner to Greater China since 1885. With large production sites in Shanghai, Nanjing and Chongqing, BASF is a major foreign investor in the country’s chemical industry, and operates the Innovation Campus Shanghai, a global and regional research and development hub. BASF posted sales of more than €7.3 billion in 2019 to customers in Greater China and employed 9,230 people as of the end of the year. For further information, please visit www.basf.com/cn/en.
- Accountable for process monitoring, troubleshooting for process & production problem and also process optimization, so as to keep good product quality continuously and to meet the production targets in line with the costume
- Monitor and control precious metals yield, minimizing precious metal losses to meet the plant’s overall cost control objectives.
- Lead and manage process EHS activities
- Deputy of production manager during absence of production manager
- EHS responsibility:
- Develop, design and implement the process to ensure compliance to Plant safety policies in accordance to BACH EHS targets and other relevant statutory requirements so as to foster safety responsibility amongst employees, prevent accidents, avoid environmental pollution, comply with BASF EHS guidelines and government regulations and ensure safe working environment for all employees;
- Project & technology management:
- Communicate with US or other CC sites for technology & process support. Support precious metal solution and refining know-how transferring. Set up & update standard manufacturing procedures of PGM plant;
- Participate in capital investment project, including engineering design, the inspection & safety review for commissioning & start-up;
- Responsible for small investment projects, MOC implementation, and new products introduction and relevant process training;
- OpEx management:
- Monitor precious metals yield and trends through control charting and take proper corrective action as needed.
- Develop, consolidate and monitor operational budget and actual cost to ensure optimal utilization with respect to efficient production and operation activities. Achieve precious metal loss minimizing target.
- Analyze plant specific raw material consumption and strive for continuous improvement
- Increasing the productivity, monitor the production effectiveness; Initiate and coordinate improvement of production process thus increasing capacity, decrease fixed cost, and maintain quality at high level of reproducibility.
- Quality management:
- Develop & update work instructions and report the status of plant, production, development and etc. to plant manager;
- Review quality data and implement corrective and preventive actions as needed to continuously improve products and processes;
- Develop and implement training plan for shift team to keep production performed safely and efficiently, and also to support career development of shift persons to achieve high level of performance.
- Education: Bachelor or above in Chemistry or Chemical Engineering
- Working Experience: 3 years experience in the manufacturing industry or batch process
- Technical & Professional Knowledge: Knowledge on batch process and fine chemical production
- Language: Proficiency in both Chinese and English language is required. Must be fluent in both spoken and written, ECT-6 or above; BASF S.H.E. knowledge & Chinese S.H.E. regulations