- As a member of the Manufacturing Technology Leveraged team the engineer will provide strategic level automation and process control technical services to all E&I businesses in support of top line growth, asset effectiveness improvement programs and capital projects.
- Apply engineering principles, industry standards, and knowledge to support the selection, development, implementation, commissioning and validation of the successful operation of process control applications and solutions.
- Lead capital project teams to realize objectives of technical programs and projects involving automation and process control technology.
- Provide direction to vendors and system integrators to ensure high quality deliverables.
- Provide technical support for new project start-ups, test runs, and special procedures as needed.
- The position typically requires 25% domestic travel.
The position will be based at one of the E&I manufacturing or engineering sites: such as Wilmington DE or Circleville OH. Other locations can be considered based on the candidate's qualifications and ability to travel.
- B.S. Engineering and +8 years of experience in developing and commissioning process control applications.
- Demonstrated expertise in DCS/PLC architecture, configuration, and troubleshooting.
- Experience championing and implementing improvements in systems capabilities in a manufacturing plant environment.
- Demonstrated success in managing and leading both long-term programs/projects as well as addressing short-term operational issues.
- Fundamental understanding of Process Safety Management (PSM) systems and High Hazard Processes.
- Experience with process safety standards and their application to chemical manufacturing facilities.
- Understanding of the principles of operation, reliability, and performance characteristics of instrumentation, measurements, analyzers, and control valves.
- Due to U.S. export control regulations, only U.S. citizens and Green Card holders can be considered for this position.
For additional information on our unbridled commitment to deliver essential innovations that enrich people's lives, enable sustainable development and foster human potential for generations to come.
Please access the following link to better understand & appreciate DuPont's Journey. Coupled with core values and excellent compensation & benefits... Together, we're turning possibilities into real world answers that help humanity prosper!
DuPont is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability or any other protected class. If you need a reasonable accommodation to search or apply for a position, please visit our Accessibility Page for Contact Information.