Process Engineer, Senior
- Perform process simulations of oil and gas and utility systems.
- Perform sizing of process equipment.
- Hydraulic calculations and dimensioning of pipelines.
- Preparation of PFD and P&ID, and data sheets and specification of process equipment and field instrumentation.
- Conduct analysis for the process.
- Input and development of system operation manuals, including control and process safety philosophy
- Vendor Follow-up (technical clarifications, and documentation).
- Benchmark and evaluate various concepts.
- Perform and participate in HAZOP / Design reviews.
- Offshore survey if needed.
- Input to the procedures and assistance for start-up of systems and equipment.
- This role includes coordination / follow-up to the client and other disciplines internally.
- Follow-up planning dates and milestones
- Comply with company’s HSE guidelines and QA objectives.
- Candidates must have good knowledge of the preparation of engineering drawings, process data sheets, and feature descriptions of process and auxiliary systems in the oil and gas industry.
- Candidates must have good knowledge of the Project Execution phases in EPCIC, MMO, FEED and Study projects in the oil and gas industry.
- Relevant engineering degree (B.Eng or M.Eng.) and experience in the field of process engineering, preferably in petroleum production or process technology.
- Good understanding of process technology, separations technology, produced water system, gas handling and conditioning, water treatment, membrane systems, energy optimization and heat recovery etc.
- Familiar with international codes and standards such as:
- NORSOK standards P-100 (Process Systems), P-001 (Process design)
- Equinor (+major operator’s) TRs & GLs
- Offshore Standard DNV-OS-E201 (Oil and Gas Processing Systems)
- API 520 & 521 (PSV’s sizing), API 610, API RP 14C&E (Design of Safety & Piping Systems for Offshore Platforms), ASME (Design of pressure vessels)
- Preferred: Preferable experience with Proarc and IFS (or similar)
- Preferred: Experience with Equinor systems, e.g. STID, ARIS, etc.
- Personal qualities
- Good communication and cooperation skills, must be able to lead others.
- Good Norwegian and English skills, spoken and written.
- Have the ability to work independently and in a team, to be proactive and focused on safety and project goals.
- Familiar with prevailing regulations. Concerned with multi-discipline problems.
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining, Automotive and Chemicals sectors worldwide.With more than 100 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.