£44,996.50 to £54,745.12 (depending on experience)
Annual salary reviews
Discretionary annual company bonus
7% employer contribution into a pension scheme, option for salary sacrifice pension
22 days holiday plus bank holidays. Additional days for service
Payment of subscription fees for membership of your professional body
Responsibilities & Duties:
• Lead workshops and hazard studies including, HAZID, HAZOP, LOPA, Bowties.
• Facilitation of training
• Lead technical author of safety studies including:
o Authoring safety cases for regulatory regimes including COMAH and DSEAR
o Use of specialist software to determine hazard effects related to Major Accident Hazards
o Semi Quantified analysis including LOPA
o Quantified risk assessment for safety to people and the environment, using results from consequence modelling to determine the impact on workers and offsite populations, as well as environmental receptors, determining the likelihood of impact, and the corresponding risk level.
o Developing pragmatic recommendations for risk reduction
o Demonstration of ALARP
o Auditing and review of client safety management systems against good practice
• Contribute to the technical quality assurance of work, by providing technical insight and reviews.
• Participation in industry working groups / represent company within industry associations and networks
• Peer review and quality assurance of work carried out by other consultants in the team
• Develop tools and methodologies to be used by other members of the team, working towards better team efficiency and effectiveness.
• Involvement in the preparation of proposals, generating work plans against client scopes, as well as job costing
• Co-ordination and project management of client work, involving other team members. Delivering projects to time, budget and quality.
• Mentoring and supporting more junior team members
• Fostering client relationships
Role includes travel to client sites within UK and Europe.
Experience & Qualifications:
• Degree in STEM subject
• Minimum 5 years relevant industry experience.
• Experience in scribing and leading hazard studies
• Experience in carrying out consequence modelling using DNV’s phast
• Experience in risk quantification techniques
• Interpretation of complex data
• Ability to read engineering drawings
• Interpretation of industry legislation, standards, and good practice
• Graphical representation of data and results
• Communication and presentation of findings (written and verbal)
• Technical report writing
RAS prides itself on its strong culture and values. An RAS person is:
• Kind, caring and empathetic
• Open and honest
• Patient when patience is needed
• Personable and positive
• Polite and courteous
• Tolerant and respectful
• Someone who listens
• Someone who thinks before they act
If you have any questions regarding your application please contact
If you have any questions regarding your application please contactJo.Condon@ras.ltd.uk