How do you shape the future through your incredible Project Engineer in Process Automation experience?
We’re looking for the makers of tomorrow –the talented individuals ready to help Siemens transform entire industries, cities and even countries. Get to know us from the inside, develop your skills on the job and work at the cutting edge of Corporate. As a trusted partner to the local leadership team, you’ll brings deep insight, an independent viewpoint and expertise to business issues. You’ll work with Leaders and Managers at the Location to consult with and influence them.
As a member of the Process Automation Project Engineer team in India, provide solutions and serves as a trusted advisor in his/ her area of responsibilities.
Know more about these businesses
Siemens Digital Industries is an innovation and technology leader in industrial automation and digitalization. In close agreement with our partners and customers, we are the driving force for the digital transformation in the discrete and process industries. We support our customers in unlocking the full potential of digitalization for their company. More flexible production, greater efficiency all possible today thanks to digital solutions. Cutting-edge technologies will build new opportunities for both discrete and process industries to fulfill their customers’ individual requirements
Position – Lead Engineer, Process Automation, CGO (Chemical, Glass & Solar)
Objective - Leading software design, development, and commissioning of Process Automation projects based on Siemens DCS platform for customers in Chemical Industry (Petrochemical, Bulk Chemical, Fine & Specialty Chemical, Consumer Chemical etc.)
Academic Qualifications – Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, preferably in Instrumentation stream (which provides knowledge of control systems). Electronics or Electrical stream may be accepted depending on relevant experience and / or aptitude of the candidate
Activities to be performed
- Understanding customer requirements for Process Automation Logic development via interactions / documentary inputs given by customer
- Conceptualizing the system hardware and software architecture to suit customer requirements
- Leading project specific team of engineering professionals to develop the application software, validate the same with customer and commission the same at site
- Technical front ending and coordination with customer for all project discussions
- For smaller projects, the person may be required to act as an individual contributor
- Around 8 to 12 years of relevant experience specifically in project based DCS application software logic conceptualization and development
- Major experience should be in Process Automation Industry for DCS application software development for applications in Chemical or Pharmaceutical industry
- Out of total relevant experience, at least 2 years should be as ‘Lead Engineer’ as per requirements mentioned in this profile
- Good communication skills to be able to interface with customer and coordinate with team
- High level of result orientation to be able to complete projects on time & satisfy customer
- Good aptitude, high willingness, and ability to learn due to ever changing skill sets requirement
Designation and position Level
- Generally, PL9 with designation as Manager – Engineering & Commissioning
- Exceptionally, PL8 for highly skilled / experienced candidates with designation as Manager – Engineering & Commissioning
- Candidate who does not have substantial portion of his / her experience into DCS SW Logic development need to be excluded (e.g., someone working for major time at end users place in plant maintenance, someone who has major focus / experience in hardware / plant engineering)
- Candidates having minimal experience of working for Chemical or Pharmaceutical projects
- Low performing candidates in their current organization OR candidates with no potential to be ‘Lead’ however expecting this role solely based on number of years
Make your mark in our exciting world at Siemens.
- This role is based in Airoli (Navi Mumbai) Location. You’ll get to visit other locations in India and beyond, so you’ll need to go where this journey takes you. In return, you’ll get the chance to work with teams impacting entire cities, countries - and the craft of things to come.
- We’re Siemens. A collection of over 379,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200 countries. We're dedicated to equality and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. All employment decisions at Siemens are based on qualifications, merit and business need. Bring your curiosity and imagination and help us shape tomorrow.
- Find out more about Siemens careers at: www.siemens.com/careers