The Environmental Engineer will be responsible for environmental compliance with state and federal regulations and environmental permitting at the LyondellBasell Channelview Site. The primary environmental media for the position will be air. The individual will interface with a diverse group of customers, including process and project engineering, operations, maintenance, plant management, and outside regulatory agencies.
Roles & Responsibilities
Accountabilities and responsibilities of this position include:
- Maintaining ownership of assigned site environmental programs (e.g., HON, MON, NSPS rule reporting)
- Interacting with operations and other plant personnel to ensure a consistent understanding of regulatory requirements
- Serving as technical subject matter expert for assigned units and programs in the area of federal and state environmental compliance
- Liaison with regulatory agencies during inspections and for regulatory reporting
- Completing and submitting environmental reports to state and federal agencies
- Interpreting and communicating regulatory requirements, effectively identifying solutions when rule ambiguity exists
- Developing (or assist in development) and maintaining environmental management systems,
- Mentoring junior environmental professionals
- Representing the site in trade organizations and best practice groups
- Providing support to maintain site compliance with permits and environmental regulatory requirements #LI-LC2
This position requires a Bachelors' degree in Chemical Engineering, or other appropriate engineering degree, or related technical discipline with a minimum of 8 years' relevant environmental experience.
Experience in the chemical manufacturing industry is preferred. In addition, the candidate should possess:
- Significant experience with MACT and Texas regulations
- Working knowledge of the environmental regulatory process and experience representing a company to the regulatory agencies
- Experience developing and/or managing environmental compliance systems
- Excellent written/oral communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively with all levels of individuals/employees
- Proficiency in the following competencies should be demonstrated: drive for results, interpersonal capability, broad perspective, motivating each other, integrity and building trust, and dealing with ambiguity
Builds effective teams
Instills trust and exemplifies integrity
We are LyondellBasell – a leader in the global chemical industry creating solutions for everyday sustainable living. Through advanced technology and focused investments, we are enabling a circular and low carbon economy. Across all we do, we aim to champion our employees, and unlock value for customers, investors and society. LyondellBasell places high priority on diversity, equity and inclusion and is strongly committed to our planet, the communities where we operate and our future workforce. As one of the world’s largest producers of polymers and a leader in polyolefin technologies, we develop, manufacture and market high-quality and innovative products for applications ranging from sustainable transportation and food safety to clean water and quality healthcare. For more information, please visit www.lyondellbasell.com or follow @LyondellBasell on LinkedIn.