The Process Engineer will identify, recommend and implement strategic projects to improve quality, capacity, yield, energy consumption, and process safety performance. The individual will work close with the Site as well as Global teams to develop and maintain standards and best practices. A process engineer will also collaborate with unit specialists and other engineers to support process design and implementation of capital projects.
Roles & Responsibilities
Develop systems to improve and sustain value in the areas of health, safety, environment, production rates, reliability, cost and quality.
- Maintain strong safety and environmental compliance focus.
- Troubleshoot and problem-solve advanced process problems.
- Develop recommendations to improve unit performance.
- Develop and manage Key Performance Indicators for plant performance.
- Monitor, troubleshoot and optimize operating units.
- Provide process design support for capital projects.
- Contribute in a team environment and establish work relationships with onsite and offsite functional groups to achieve results.
- Balance day-to-day operational priorities with long term strategic objectives to ensure alignment with company goals.
- Coach less experienced engineers, as well as provide technical training to others.
- Knowledgeable about OSHA 1910.119 Process Safety Management and participate and lead PHA’s, HAZOP analysis, MOC and PSSR.
- Provide technical expertise in PSM activities (PHA, MOC, PSV calculations, Safety Critical Equipment/Variables, Incident Investigations, etc)
- Knowledgeable about Relief System, RV, Furnace operations, process design and evaluations.
The Ideal Candidate Should Have:
- BS degree in Chemical Engineering
- Minimum 6 years of relative experience
- Good computing skills
- Strong leadership and organizational skills
- Self-motivation and high initiative
- Advanced technical understanding of unit processes
- IT capability in Microsoft Office Suite
- Knowledgeable in chemical and process engineering fundamentals
- Ability to apply engineering concepts to solve performance problems
- Knowledgeable of Safety Design Systems
- Knowledgeable in the HSE/PSM regulations and relevant company Operational Excellence guidelines/procedures
- Knowledgeable in the development of Process Design Packages and related economics
- Good troubleshooting skills and techniques
- Leadership skills to drive technical solutions and mentor engineers
Builds effective teams
Instills trust and exemplifies integrity
We are LyondellBasell – a leader in the global chemical industry creating solutions for everyday sustainable living. Through advanced technology and focused investments, we are enabling a circular and low carbon economy. Across all we do, we aim to champion our employees, and unlock value for customers, investors and society. LyondellBasell places high priority on diversity, equity and inclusion and is strongly committed to our planet, the communities where we operate and our future workforce. As one of the world’s largest producers of polymers and a leader in polyolefin technologies, we develop, manufacture and market high-quality and innovative products for applications ranging from sustainable transportation and food safety to clean water and quality healthcare. For more information, please visit www.lyondellbasell.com or follow @LyondellBasell on LinkedIn.