LyondellBasell (LYB)- Solutions for A Better Tomorrow
To report to the appointed/assigned Project Manager or Process Manager or the leader of Process Design/Engineering or Start up Team, depending on the specific assignment. To supervise and co‐ordinate all work activities during process engineering definition, design, commissioning and startup phase of new projects, capacity expansions and modifications. At a given time should be able to handle, self-execute, supervise, and guide a team/s of internal or external resources.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Ensure strict adherence to requirements of assignment scope, quality, safety, environmental, budget and schedule targets during all phases of execution of project and/or assignment according to overall objectives, meeting company standards, country statutes and best engineering practices.
- Execute all process modeling utilizing the software available ensuring accuracy of the results, may need supervision/guidance. Also execute process calculations.
- Execute process safety related projects (RV design/revalidation, flare/dispersion modeling, etc) may need supervision/guidance.
- Preparation of all process engineering deliverables applicable to all phases of projects.
- Selectively participate in PFD, P&ID reviews, Safety studies and model reviews, other reviews and approval of key design documents including vendor documents. Initiate and justify scope change requests as needed and communicate scope changes for approval in time.
- Assure the relevant inputs of discipline engineering, process engineering ser vices and relevant standardization are properly incorporated in the relevant specification.
- Assure the proper interface between contractor and company relevant personnel in general and implement agreed upon Quality Assurance/ Quality Control requirements.
- Maintain quality records of all Process Engineering Assignment execution, which can be audited.
- Assure that the company’s decisions are communicated to and documented properly with contractor.
- Acquire/upgrade new skills sets as guided by Process Engineering Manager as per organization need.
- Minimum Chemical engineering degree (several years of technical experience adequate to equate knowledge could be considered in exceptional cases)
- Additional specific niche experience, certifications in expertise areas like HSE (Health Safety Environment), PMP (Project Management Process), Simulations etc. are plus points
WORK EXPERIENCE & OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
- Minimum 3-8 years of relevant experience in the field of Petro‐chemicals, refining, polyolefins.
- Experience in Operations, Technical Services and Engineering (EPC (Engineering, Procurement and Construction)).
- Exposure to state of art IT infrastructure and utilization of software tools to its best.
- Mobility (both within India and International) is essential.
- Willingness to learn and perform in new areas and work in multi-disciplinary/multi-cultural teams.
- Knowledge of all phases of a Project / Process Engineering Assignments in Petro‐chemicals & polyolefins sector including feasibility, process design, basic engineering design, commissioning, start up and operation.
- Broad technical knowledge and experience in the field of refinery, Petro-Chemical & polyolefins processes. Knowledge with adequate experience in process engineering, unit operations, thermodynamics, mathematics, and skills like steady state and/or dynamic simulations in Aspen Plus, Aspen Hysys, AFT (Applied Flow Technology), Pipenet, Aspen Flarenet,
- Aspen Hydraulics, HTRI, Flaresim, DNV Phast, Control Valve sizing, etc. used in the petrochemical/Refinery industry.
- Understanding of Process Safety Management standards and methodologies to evaluate system for adequacy, recommending mitigation measures, exposure to use of software like PS-PPM (Process Safety, Pressure Protection
- Manager), PSV plus or equivalent preferred.
- Awareness of engineering standards and government regulations relating to the design, construction, commissioning, and operation of chemical plants.
Builds effective teams
Instills trust and exemplifies integrity
We are LyondellBasell – a leader in the global chemical industry creating solutions for everyday sustainable living. Through advanced technology and focused investments, we are enabling a circular and low carbon economy. Across all we do, we aim to unlock value for our customers, investors and society. As one of the world’s largest producers of polymers and a leader in polyolefin technologies, we develop, manufacture and market high-quality and innovative products for applications ranging from sustainable transportation and food safety to clean water and quality healthcare. For more information, please visit www.lyondellbasell.com or follow @LyondellBasell on LinkedIn.