At Bayer we’re visionaries, driven to solve the world’s toughest challenges and striving for a world where 'Health for all Hunger for none’ is no longer a dream, but a real possibility. We’re doing it with energy, curiosity and sheer dedication, always learning from unique perspectives of those around us, expanding our thinking, growing our capabilities and redefining ‘impossible’. There are so many reasons to join us. If you’re hungry to build a varied and meaningful career in a community of brilliant and diverse minds to make a real difference, there’s only one choice.
Principal Plant Engineer
YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The primary responsibilities of this role, Principal Plant Engineer, are to:
- Ensure compliance with engineering standards, engineering procedures, plant safety standards, pressure safety design and environmental standards on all projects and tasks.
- Initiate and participate in project safety reviews;
- Estimate human resource requirements and negotiate with engineering management to secure the resources for a project;
- Interface with end user groups and respective stakeholders in development of scope and design as well as safe execution and completion of construction work;
- Coordinate the development of detailed construction drawings and specifications with other engineering disciplines.
- Observe and coordinate supporting engineering disciplines to meet quality, schedule, and cost requirements;
- Specify or guide specification and purchase of ma or equipment and piping items.
- Approve and/or seek approval from Engineering management of all purchase requisitions for the project;
- Work with secured internal or external engineering disciplines to manage execution of project design and construction while delivering on project objectives, quality, budget, and schedule;
- Manage and report project progress and costs to the customer and Engineering management.
- Submit monthly status reports to Engineering management;
- Prepare for and participate in Project Steering Committees, as focal point between Project Team and Steering Committee on project issues and decisions;
- Write specifications, gather drawings and specifications from supporting disciplines and develop discipline index records for issue to construction contractors.
- Develop a Contracting Plan with Engineering management and the Construction Department.
- Obtain quotations, tabulate and select the contractor to perform the work; aid construction of the project by communicating safety, industrial hygiene, and other procedures to the contractor, interpreting engineering documents when unforeseen events arise, and expediting materials to the construction site;
- Assist in facilities start-up by consulting with site and plant personnel.
- Serve on the project start-up team when assigned;
- Complete and document projects by finishing punch list items, reconciling actual project costs with estimated costs, and managing collection, publication, and archival of essential project records via file consolidation and electronic filing;
- Prepare and review submittals of technical information to federal, state, and city regulatory bodies regarding effects of Bayer projects;
- Recommend new standards or procedures and prepare such documents as assigned;
- Guide less experienced engineers and student interns and, when required, supervise consultants and peers working in a supporting role on projects.
- Provide technical engineering support for assigned units by improving quality and rates, reducing costs and emissions, and improving safety and reliability of the facilities.
- Provide technical support to identify, investigate and solve repetitive mechanical failures.
- Take leadership of multi-discipline teams to correct problems or make modifications to improve safety, reliability and operability of the facility.
- Monitor the plant s predictive maintenance program. Specify predictive maintenance items and schedules to ensure the continued safety and reliability of the plan
WHO YOU ARE
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- Bachelor of Science degree in Mechanical, Chemical Engineering, or related engineering discipline.
- Broad technical background, excellent knowledge of chemical processes and equipment in order to effectively analyze, recommend, and make complex decisions.
- Ability to lead and manage a multi-discipline team as well as work independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to manage and successfully execute capital projects including development and presentation of project scope, cost estimating and control, budgeting, and scheduling.
- Ability to work on numerous projects at the same time.
- Ability to interface with all levels of organization from Management to floor level operational employees.
- Willingness to travel as required (< 25%).
- Knowledge of engineering projects and site services practices and standards.
- A proven record of working in similar roles.
- Demonstrated excellent verbal and written communication skills in both technical and non-technical areas.
- Intermediate computer skills.
- Master of Science degree in Mechanical, Chemical, or related
- Engineering discipline
- 6-8 years industrial manufacturing experience, preferably in the chemical process industry,
Bayer offers a wide variety of competitive compensation and benefits programs. If you meet the requirements of this unique opportunity, and want to impact our mission Science for a better life, we encourage you to apply now. Be part of something bigger. Be you. Be Bayer.
To all recruitment agencies: Bayer does not accept unsolicited third party resumes.
Bayer is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans
Bayer is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodations in its application process for individuals with disabilities and encourages applicants with disabilities to request any needed accommodation(s) using the contact information below.
|Bayer is an E-Verify Employer.
||United States : Missouri : Kansas City