10 Nov, 2023
Ciudad de México, CDMX, Mexico
Health & Safety
Biochemicals / Pharmaceuticals
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Document process hazard analyses (PHA) and process safety reviews utilizing HAZOP, What-if and Checklists methodologies for capital projects and in support of 5-yr revalidations for Bayer sites.
- Develop and maintain comprehensive knowledge of the "best practice" safety concepts for Bayer manufacturing processes.
- Assist in the effective deployment of technical resources and actively influence department and division process safety goals.
- Support building of the core competency of the Process and Plant Safety group in all areas of Process Safety and Risk Management (PSM) and Process Safety Engineering methods and tools. Demonstrate mastery and ability to make independent decisions in multiple areas of process safety engineering (i.e., PSM, RMP, PHA, RCA, LOPA, SIL verification, Consequence Modeling, Risk Analysis, etc.)
- Collaborate regularly with site safety groups and with senior global process & plant safety peers and colleagues to develop comprehensive solutions using experience exchanges, cross-training and short-term rotational assignments.
- Demonstrate strong knowledge of recognized and generally accepted good engineering practices (RAGAGEP) and process safety related government and industry standards (i.e., NFPA, ASME and API) and chemical process safety. Set level of technical and regulatory requirements for Bayer at multiple locations.
- Prepare and update PSM guidelines toassure compliance with local, state and insurance regulations and requirements.
- Support corporate, site-wide and departmental process and safety goals by working in close cooperation with Engineering and Site Operations.
Who you are
- A university education in Chemical or Mechanical engineering or have a comparable qualification. Engineering Master´s degree desired.
- At least 5 years of experience of process plants, manufacturing operations in the chemical or pharmaceutical industry is preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge of process safety concepts and chemical engineer fundamentals (chemical reactions, unit operations, process control concepts); the ability to read, understand and use P&IDs, equipment, and layout drawings.
- Demonstrated leadership and people skills to work in teams according to Bayer Competency Model. Good Analytical and problem solving (decision making) skills and collaborative team player capable of workingwell with people across all hierarchies.
- Competency in English language (written and spoken)
- Willingness to travel (20 -30%) with hybrid working model.