Objectives of the Position
- Focal point of process engineering research in India
- Continuously drive innovation and support ODs and production sites in India, leveraging process engineering expertise & resources
- Act as the “Focal point” of process engineering research in India to connect with ODs, collect their needs and provide solutions accordingly by leveraging process engineering expertise & resources from Shanghai or Ludwigshafen.
- Self-dependent execution, or participation of complex research and operation support projects that requires specific expertise of process engineering.
- Build-up and further develop network in research and technology community, operation divisions/business units and academia partners.
- Strategic planning or evaluating on process engineering development in India, gradually build-up stronger competencies of process engineering in India according to the needs.
- Closely work with research units in Asia and explore more opportunities to initiate joint research topics between group research Shanghai and Mumbai.
- Strictly follow the legal, information protection and EHS compliance regulations.
Minimum Education and Qualification Required for the Position
- Education: PhD/Master in Chemical Engineering or related
- Working Experience:
PhD with international experience is a plus; At least 3 years of experience in the area of process engineering
- Technical & Professional Knowledge:
Deep knowledge of process engineering;
Experience with process simulation, modelling and analysis;
Experienced in R&D environment of multi-national companies is desirable.
Proactive, open, and self-motivated, ability or potential to handle multi-interface communication.
Be able to use English as work language; German will also be desirable.
This position can be developed to be a position with leadership role; therefore, leadership experience is highly desirable.
- Proficient in process simulation software; skillful in standard applications such as MS Office; familiar with plant data collection system; good application skill of project management tools; knowledge in big data analytics is a plus; knowledge in CO2 abatement technology is a plus.