At DuPont, we are working on things that matter; whether it’s providing clean water to more than a billion people on the planet, producing materials that are essential in everyday technology devices from smartphones to electric vehicles, or protecting workers in this global pandemic.
If you would like to be a part of a premier multi-industrial company that is delivering sustainable solutions that bring real purpose and value, of a company with collaborative spirit because it believes that we work best when we work together as a team and values the diversity of thought, then DuPont is the company for you!
WHY JOIN US?
Our purpose is to empower the world with essential innovations to thrive. We work on things that matter!
Get to know our Purpose and make it yours by bringing innovations to market that improve the world, share a commitment to sustainability that makes our planet better and give back to communities in which we work and live.
Get to Experience a collaborative environment where teamwork is celebrated with flexibility that enhances balance and an inclusive atmosphere that is welcoming to all!
Have the Opportunity to chart your own course, challenge yourself, and acquire new capabilities to build a rewarding and fulfilling career. We reward employees with competitive pay and incentives to recognize skills, competencies, and contributions to business results.
APT Product Quality Engineer
This role is responsible for leading and executing the business, site and plant/department quality programs as defined in APT Business Quality Strategy to enable the business to profitably meet customer related to the quality management system. The Product Quality Engineer is also responsible for enhancing the front-line knowledge and accountability for quality as well as promoting a customer-focused culture within the plant.
• Implement and maintain the business/site quality programs which align to the APT Business Quality Strategy at the plant level.
• Provide an effective interface between customers and the plant to ensure consistent quality service to customers. Represent the “Voice of Customer” at the plant.
• Act as key plant interface to build or enhance relationships, services and flow of information between the plant and the customer, purchasing, supply chain, research, product stewardship and commercial organization related to the product quality / regulatory requirements related to the quality management system.
• Ensure that product returns and non-conforming product are appropriately managed to prevent unintended use, including disposition.
• Monitor the effectiveness of the quality management system and communicate to leadership improvement opportunities. For example, raw material quality and supplier assessments, etc.
• Generate and use quality data (customer complaints, plant metrics etc.) to enable cross functional partners to drive product quality improvements.
• Lead and participate in management of change reviews that potentially impact product quality (e.g. specification, train qualifications, plant equipment / systems, analytical testing, etc).
• Provide consultation on applicable material handling guidelines and quality requirements for External Manufacturing Operations Plan.
• Train and provide guidance to plant and other roles that impact product quality (e.g. lab, maintenance, logistics, etc) on customer and product regulatory requirements to achieve plant and business goals.
• Identify and lead improvement opportunities as determined through data analysis, customer audits and other quality-related programs.
• Host customer and other quality related external party visits and audits, in cooperation with Commercial and other functions.
• Lead / champion product quality problem solving efforts (i.e. Corrective Action Management Process, the Root Cause Investigation Process, including customer feedback, etc).
• Conduct audits of plants, labs, terminals, warehouses, contract manufacturers, distributors, suppliers, customers, etc. to ensure customer needs are met. Leverage findings to drive continuous improvement.
• Lead or participate in the review of plant and cross functional projects having a potential impact on product quality.
•Bachelors (or higher) degree in chemistry or chemical Engineering/Technical discipline OR 5 years (min.) experience in the engineering field in an industrial or manufacturing environment
•The job requires out of the box thinking, strong interpersonal skill across all functions and levels, constructive gate-keeping skills, sound technical skills (product and technology of quality management), as well as strong corporate core competencies in collaborating for superior results, leading courageously, delivering innovative solutions and generating customer value.
•Generates enthusiasm and the ability to lead and maintain a quality activity
DuPont is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability or any other protected class. If you need a reasonable accommodation to search or apply for a position, please visit our Accessibility Page for Contact Information.