At DuPont, we are working on things that matter; whether it’s providing clean water to more than a billion people on the planet, producing materials that are essential in everyday technology devices from smartphones to electric vehicles, or protecting workers in this global pandemic.
If you would like to be a part of a premier multi-industrial company that is delivering sustainable solutions that bring real purpose and value, of a company with collaborative spirit because it believes that we work best when we work together as a team and values the diversity of thought, then DuPont is the company for you!
WHY JOIN US?
Our purpose is to empower the world with essential innovations to thrive. We work on things that matter!
Get to know our Purpose and make it yours by bringing innovations to market that improve the world, share a commitment to sustainability that makes our planet better and give back to communities in which we work and live.
Get to Experience a collaborative environment where teamwork is celebrated with flexibility that enhances balance and an inclusive atmosphere that is welcoming to all!
Have the Opportunity to chart your own course, challenge yourself, and acquire new capabilities to build a rewarding and fulfilling career. We reward employees with competitive pay and incentives to recognize skills, competencies, and contributions to business results.
Join our team of fearless optimists. Let's invent a better now, together.
The DuPont Bayport plant in Pasadena, TX is seeking an energetic individual to focus as a Polymer/Casting Production Engineer within the Bayport facility. The Bayport plant manufactures polyimide Kapton® films as part of the larger Interconnect Solutions business. This site plays an important role in the business by suppling a variety of materials used within different aspect of electronics components. Within the site’s product portfolio are a multitude film types of different composition and thickness.
The Polymer/Casting Production Engineer will:
- Act as the day-to-day engineer to support the needs of operations using their technical skills to resolve daily area operational and quality issues to meet business demands. Through daily support as well as monitoring of performance over time, help support site achievements and progress on key performance indicators (KPIs).
- Support the fundamentals of good operation such as monitoring for compliance to operating conditions over time, specification reviews, defining/refining control points, and analyzing Statistical Process Control (SPC).
- Foster strong relationships and collaboration with technicians. Build relationship with other organization members.
- Work with others in both the technical organization and with operations to implement best practices.
- Participate in or lead small quality investigations and root cause failure analysis (RCFA) as appropriate as well as the overall quality system of the site.
- Participate on teams and support technology improvement initiatives as assigned.
- Support overall safety of the site through participation in PHA’s, incident investigations, management of change, operating procedures, etc.
- Support environmental needs for compliance in area of ownership.
- Technically lead minor capital projects and participate as a team member for large capital projects.
- Define and implement management of change (MOC) as needed to sustain and improve the manufacturing process.
- Participate as a technical support resource during turnarounds (TAR) and intermittent product transitions.
- Provide coverage as needed for important and complex manufacturing tests.
- Bachelor’s in Chemical Engineering from an ABET accredited institution
- Minimum of 6 months of paid co-op or internship experience
- Maximum of 3 years of chemical manufacturing industry
- Previous manufacturing operations support is a plus.
- Availability & willingness to respond to critical technical issues, if needed, beyond normal working hours/nights/weekends as well as adjust schedule for plant tests to support 24hr technical coverage (typically <10% year)
- Minor travel may be required (<5%)
- Legal right to work in the United States without restriction
- Troubleshooting skills and data driven decision making
- Self-initiative, a motivated self-starter than can work independently
- Ability to demonstrate self-operational discipline in a manufacturing environment and champion change as appropriate.
- Ability to balance multiple tasks and competing priorities
- Solid mechanical aptitude
- Understanding of plant manufacturing and basic good operation principles.
- Effective written and oral communication skills
- Strong teamwork and networking skills.
DuPont is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability or any other protected class. If you need a reasonable accommodation to search or apply for a position, please visit our Accessibility Page for Contact Information.