Delrin® Manufacturing Technology CoOp
Delrin® is an industry-leading premium polymer business within DuPont. Grounded in strong innovation, Delrin® is a category creator with a longstanding reputation for quality, reliable supply, and superior product performance. The iconic Delrin® brand, coupled with proprietary technology and deep application expertise make us a leader in High-End Engineering Polymer Market.
Delrin® is an engineering plastic/polymer used by our customers for many crucial components in highly engineered and technical applications, largely replacing metal with more efficient and cost-effective solutions that last as long. We have a strong focus on sustainability and produce a portion of our products from 100% bio feedstocks.
As a newly independent business, Delrin® enjoys exciting growth prospects from mobility, material handling, healthcare, and consumer applications. We are excited to be able to operate as a smaller company that is more entrepreneurial in nature, and where growing this brand is the top priority. We offer a compelling environment for motivated talent to help shape the future of the business while growing your career with us.
Washington Works (Parkersburg, WV) has multiple positions for Manufacturing Process Engineers across various production units. You will provide day-to-day manufacturing support with operational and technological responsibilities to ensure the safe and continuous run-ability of the processes while developing strategies/systems to improve manufacturing performance. You will also be responsible for communication with technical and business personnel on a regional level, ensuring the site area assisted is complying with company standards and customer requirements. The position will support capital projects and continuous improvement efforts in coordination with the EHS, Engineering, and Commercial organizations.
- Conduct work activities and demonstrate leadership behavior consistent with DuPont Core Values.
- Use process expertise to ensure facility and personal adherence to regulatory, company policies, and good manufacturing practices.
- Work closely with production management to develop production strategies and systems that improve manufacturing performance (safety, yield, uptime, capacity release, product development)
- Monitor manufacturing equipment performance; assess the reliability of equipment, identify failures and causes of failures, and recommend solutions
- Provide technical leadership and support to plant capital projects, including design, capital justification, Process Safety Management, and commissioning activities.
- Mentoring and influential leadership of production resources
- Work with Commercial and Quality teams to respond to customer inquiries and/or quality notifications.
- Interface with R&D and Commercial resources to develop innovations and coordinate product rollouts to the facility.
- Develop, maintain, and improve operating procedures.
At DuPont, Delrin® we encourage you to challenge yourself. Building a career in Delrin® that is fulfilling for you is our priority. A variety of career options are available to you in Technology, Operations or Business leadership, Supply Chain, Commercial/Customer Services, and many more. You will work routinely with your manager to identify your interests, skills, and training needed to advance your career choices.
Washington Works offers an abundance of opportunities to network and establish relationships within the plant environment as well as the broader community:
- Mentorship. Upon beginning your career journey with DuPont, Delrin® you will be provided with one or more Technology mentors (typically senior engineers) and a direct Technology supervisor. These mentors will help guide and assist you as you transition into your new role. Additional mentorship is available from resources across multiple roles and locations to aid in your career development.
- New Employee Network. Delrin® sponsors a variety of Employee Resource Groups. Washington Works’ New Employee Network consisting of around 30 employees is designed to make you feel welcome in your new role and the community. This group sponsors various activities both on and off-site including sports, weekend getaways, lunch and learns, hands-on training and community volunteering (Habitat for Humanity, United Way, etc)
- BS in Chemical Engineering or a related field.
- 6 months experience (Co-Op or Internships) in chemical manufacturing or related industry
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills.
- Strong team player with the ability to work closely with all functional teams within the plant.
- Self-starter with systematic decision-making, problem-solving, and troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to diagnose and resolve complex process and production issues using multiple disciplined teams and data-driven analysis.
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects/tasks, adapt to changing conditions, and balance a “big picture” focus with detailed execution.
- A challenging position within an entrepreneurial, independent company inside a large company.
- Opportunity to lead the organization through a very likely M&A process, including separation from DuPont, and integration into a new corporate or private equity owner.
- Opportunity to be a part of the team developing a new business model to take the company into the future, with a strong emphasis on growing the brand.
- A competitive remuneration package with generous benefits.
DuPont is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability or any other protected class. If you need a reasonable accommodation to search or apply for a position, please visit our Accessibility Page for Contact Information.