At DuPont, we are working on things that matter, whether it’s providing clean water to more than a billion people on the planet, producing materials that are essential in everyday technology devices from smartphones to electric vehicles, or protecting workers around the world.
If you would like to be a part of a premier multi-industrial company that is delivering sustainable solutions that bring real purpose and value, of a company with collaborative spirit because it believes that we work best when we work together as a team and values the diversity of thought, then DuPont is the company for you!
WHY JOIN US?
Our purpose is to empower the world with essential innovations to thrive. We work on things that matter!
Have the Opportunity to chart your own course, challenge yourself, and acquire new capabilities to build a rewarding and fulfilling career. We reward employees with competitive pay and incentives to recognize skills, competencies, and contributions to business results.
Get to Experience a collaborative environment where teamwork is celebrated with flexibility that enhances balance and an inclusive atmosphere that is welcoming to all!
Get to know our Purpose and make it yours by bringing innovations to market that improve the world, share a commitment to sustainability that makes our planet better and give back to communities in which we work and live.
Automation and Process Control Engineer
The DuPont Parlin site is seeking a highly motivated Automation and Process Control Engineer who will support Cyrel® packaging printing plate manufacturing, Pyralux® resin manufacturing, and polyimide precursor manufacturing for HD Microsystem. Parlin, NJ site is located approximately 35 miles south of New York City. This business units are part of DuPont’s Electronics and Industrial solutions.
The role provides technical expertise and support to the manufacturing organization to enable continuous improvement in the asset’s control systems. The A&PC Engineer will lead challenging and exciting programs geared towards improving safety, reliability, capacity, and cost. The A&PC Engineer will drive improvement through Lean/Six Sigma, capital projects, advanced control techniques and various automation tools. The A&PC engineer will be exposed to multiple manufacturing processes and provide day-to-day support as plant operations require.
- Provide automation and process control leadership, configuration, and ongoing support for operations at 24/7 production plant.
- Provide process control/PLC and start-up support of facilities in order to meet production schedules and meet business needs.
- Daily inspection and performance troubleshooting on plant operations.
- Apply engineering principles, industry standards, and knowledge to support the selection, development, implementation, commissioning, and validation of the successful operation of process control applications and solutions.
- Leads troubleshooting and root cause analysis for complex control system related issues.
- Develops/reviews/maintains/update related documentation, files, procedures, databases,
drawings and schematics to ensure integrity of unit instrument and process control
- develop the scope, and lead minor capital improvement automation projects.
- Drives/leads changes of design for areas of responsibility.
- Participate in area PHAs, provide safety interlock expertise, and develop an a thorough understanding of area field instrumentation.
- Evaluates risks and classifies events in compliance with PSM standards.
- Networks and leverages the broader organization, as needed.
- Assignment will require occasional on-call support.
- B.S. degree in Electrical Engineering or related field with over 3 years of experience in developing and commissioning process control applications.
- Demonstrated knowledge of key PSM Technology elements such as Process Hazards Analysis, Process Technology, Management of Change-Technology, RAGAGEP among others
- Meet Dupont’s Manufacturing safety requirements. Use of PPE – personal protective equipment, adherence of Dupont safety standards and processes.
- Demonstrated expertise in DCS/PLC architecture, configuration, and troubleshooting.
- Demonstrated ability to program PLC mostly in the Rockwell Automation Platform (ex. Control Logix) to meet customer needs.
- Demonstrated expertise in VFD and motion control.
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of relay base logic systems.
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of Instrumentation & Process Control engineering concepts and design including circuits, control systems, as well as a general knowledge of mechanical equipment and systems.
- Demonstrated ability to work with computer applications including Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Microsoft Teams, Microsoft Outlook, SAP and the shop floor general concepts.
- Strong interpersonal skills and a track record of fostering a respectful work environment.
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and as a team member to accomplish objectives.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks and changing priorities.
- Fundamental understanding of Process Safety Management (PSM) systems and High Hazard Processes.
- Experience with Rockwell Automation PlantPAx control system, including methodology, control strategies, and HMI
- Demonstrated knowledge on manufacturing automation integration.
- Demonstrated success in managing and leading both long-term programs/projects as well as addressing short-term operational issues.
- Demonstrated ability to plan, prioritize and manage multiple, complex, time-sensitive projects.
- Demonstrated skill in team building and achieving results through influence and negotiation.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills; must work well in both self-managed and team.
DuPont is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability or any other protected class. If you need a reasonable accommodation to search or apply for a position, please visit our Accessibility Page for Contact Information.