07 Nov, 2023
Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India
Petrochemicals & Refining
The technical monitoring role will consist of the following highlights:
- Supports in overseeing the operation of process units on daily basis through PI vision, universal tag locator (UTL), etc. Escalating issues in routine unit PE Huddle meetings.
- Supports development of unit KPI dashboards, and to raise awareness on, create response plans and discuss risks as part of the continuous unit proactive monitoring.
- Identifies and discusses Threats & Opportunities to asset which are inputted on Fit4.
- Responsible to take part on the organization’s digitalization objectives (Seeq, PI Vision, Power BI, etc.)
- Leads in the ESP Process through leading Alarm Review meetings and engaging in Console Review meetings with Production PTMs and sharing unit status updates.
- Provides monthly, quarterly and annual input for production accounting and regulatory reporting (i.e. Solomon, yield reporting, flaring, chemical costs, etc.).
- Assists Production and Maintenance in troubleshooting a process issue and may escalate to UE for additional support.
- Owns, develops, selects and implements solutions to operational and / or customer centric risks and opportunities for smaller scope using OPEX related MOCs.
Skills & Requirements:
- Professional qualifications: Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Chemical engineering
- Minimum 5 years of experience in a refinery or gas plant as a technologist/plant engineer.
- Knowledge of either one of the following technologies,
- Gas Treating including Sulphur plant operation Utilities (Compressed air system, wastewater treatment, boiler feedwater, steam system, etc.)
- Excellent computer skills
- Proven troubleshooting skills
- Proven collaboration competencies
- Ability to analyze, troubleshoot, and resolve instrumentation problems with maintenance and operations.
- Utilization of problem-solving techniques to resolve design & engineering issues.
- Organized, thorough, and professional.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with peers and clients.
- Ability to articulate and defend a case for change or improvement.