- Perform process evaluations in response to challenges or opportunities faced by the Herbicides and Insecticides Units. Develop process tools to insure high-volume formulation precision. Develop innovative solutions to improve the efficiency or expand the capacity of an existing process. Troubleshoot process/equipment issues.
- Provide front end process designs, process descriptions, equipment specifications, and other process data necessary to enable detailed project design for small capital projects (<$60m). Champion process scopes and projects through the Process/Project process.
- Lead the process design effort for new formulations. Assume role as lead contact between GSO P&T and St. Gabriel Herbicides and Insecticides Units. Generate and provide environmental data to ERAG.
- Undergraduate degree in Chemical, Mechanical, or Chemistry required.
- Expert-level with processing and formulation equipment, plant layouts, and concepts/procedures for equipment design and sizing.
- Expert knowledge of applicable regulations for chemical plant safety and environmental regulations
- Effective communication and presentation skills
- Demonstrated ability to lead teams in process evaluation, troubleshooting, and design.
- 1+ year(s) of relevant process or production experience desired (looking for entry level, but open to Sr. level experience)
- Travel Requirements – 5%
What We Offer:
- A culture that celebrates diversity & inclusion, promotes professional development, and strives for a work-life balance that supports the team members. Offers flexible work options to support your work and personal needs
- Full Benefit Package (Medical, Dental & Vision) that starts your first day
- 401k plan with company match, Profit Sharing & Retirement Savings Contribution
- Paid Vacation, Paid Holidays, Maternity and Paternity Leave, Education Assistance, Wellness Programs, Corporate Discounts, among other benefits
Syngenta has been ranked as a top employer by Science Journal.
Learn more about our team and our mission here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OVCN_51GbNI
Syngenta is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.
As a world market leader in crop protection, we help farmers to counter these threats and ensure enough safe, nutritious, affordable food for all – while minimizing the use of land and other agricultural inputs.
Syngenta Crop Protection keeps plants safe from planting to harvesting. From the moment a seed is planted through to harvest, crops need to be protected from weeds, insects and diseases as well as droughts and floods, heat and cold.
Syngenta Crop Protection is headquartered in Switzerland.