At ExxonMobil, our vision is to lead in energy innovations that advance modern living and a net-zero future. As one of the world’s largest publicly traded energy and chemical companies, we are powered by a unique and diverse workforce fueled by the pride in what we do and what we stand for.
The success of our Upstream, Product Solutions and Low Carbon Solutions businesses is the result of the talent, curiosity and drive of our people. They bring solutions every day to optimize our strategy in energy, chemicals, lubricants and lower-emissions technologies.
We invite you to bring your ideas to ExxonMobil to help create sustainable solutions that improve quality of life and meet society’s evolving needs. Learn more about our What and our Why and how we can work together.
What role you will play in our team
- Join ExxonMobil's Technology and Engineering Company as a planning and scheduling optimization engineer.
- Become a part of an interdisciplinary team to develop, deploy and sustain planning and scheduling applications for the global Refining and Chemicals businesses. In this role you will hone your skills in one or more manufacturing and supply logistics planning and scheduling optimization technologies.You will work to apply optimization and simulation utilizing commercial and proprietary modeling approaches, contribute to R&D initiatives and develop next generation solution techniques focused on value generation.
- The company places high emphasis on engineering skills and the ability to combine technical skills with business understanding to improve profitability.
- Training courses in technical and personnel development areas, coupled with exposure to the fast-paced, hands-on environment provide an excellent platform to develop a successful career.
What you will do
- Develop, deploy, and commission offline optimization applications
- Provide specialist application consulting and technical support to affiliates worldwide for new and deployed applications, including model troubleshooting and assistance with model convergence, model and economic information updates, and interpreting optimization
- Provide technical leadership through technical training, work process reviews and best practice implementations
- Closely work with manufacturing sites, process engineering, business stakeholders & business support functions to identify new opportunities, define the scope, cost, benefits and project schedule for new as well as revamped applications
- Support R&D activities in modeling, offline optimization and overlapping technologies
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelors or Master’s degree in any engineering discipline with minimum GPA score of 6.5 & above.
- Degrees in Data Analytics, Data Science, Operations Research, Computer Science, Maths or related fields will be preferred.
- Minimum 3 years of industrial experience in Planning or Scheduling optimization.
- Experience in commercial modeling / optimization platforms such as AspenTech PIMS, AspenTech ORION / APS, AIMMS, Spiral Crude Suite, Spiral Plan and Schedule etc.
- Knowledge of Advanced MS Excel (Macros development).
- Ability to demonstrate initiative, teamwork, accuracy, effectiveness, and self-confidence.
- Demonstrations of leadership and mentoring abilities
- Experience in hydrocarbon processing or supply chain optimization, ideally within Refining or Petrochemical organizations.
Preferred Qualifications / Experience
- Understanding of key economic decisions in hydrocarbon processing supply chain
- Familiarity with Oil & Gas Industry
An ExxonMobil career is one designed to last. Our commitment to you runs deep our employees grow personally and professionally, with benefits built on our core categories of health, security, finance and life. We offer you:
- Competitive compensation
- Medical plans, maternity leave and benefits, life, accidental death and dismemberment benefits
- Retirement benefits
- Global networking & cross-functional opportunities
- Annual vacations & holidays
- Day care assistance program
- Training and development program
- Tuition assistance program
- Workplace flexibility policy
- Relocation program
- Transportation facility
Please note benefits may change from time to time without notice, subject to applicable laws. The benefits programs are based on the Company’s eligibility guidelines.
ExxonMobil is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin or disability status.
Business solicitation and recruiting scams
ExxonMobil does not use recruiting or placement agencies that charge candidates an advance fee of any kind (e.g., placement fees, immigration processing fees, etc.). Follow the LINK to understand more about recruitment scams in the name of ExxonMobil.
Nothing herein is intended to override the corporate separateness of local entities. Working relationships discussed herein do not necessarily represent a reporting connection, but may reflect a functional guidance, stewardship, or service relationship.
Exxon Mobil Corporation has numerous affiliates, many with names that include ExxonMobil, Exxon, Esso and Mobil. For convenience and simplicity, those terms and terms like corporation, company, our, we and its are sometimes used as abbreviated references to specific affiliates or affiliate groups. Abbreviated references describing global or regional operational organizations and global or regional business lines are also sometimes used for convenience and simplicity. Similarly, ExxonMobil has business relationships with thousands of customers, suppliers, governments, and others. For convenience and simplicity, words like venture, joint venture, partnership, co-venturer, and partner are used to indicate business relationships involving common activities and interests, and those words may not indicate precise legal relationships.