At ExxonMobil, our vision is to lead in energy innovations that advance modern living and a net-zero future. As one of the world’s largest publicly traded energy and chemical companies, we are powered by a unique and diverse workforce fueled by the pride in what we do and what we stand for.
The success of our Upstream, Product Solutions and Low Carbon Solutions businesses is the result of the talent, curiosity and drive of our people. They bring solutions every day to optimize our strategy in energy, chemicals, lubricants and lower-emissions technologies.
We invite you to bring your ideas to ExxonMobil to help create sustainable solutions that improve quality of life and meet society’s evolving needs. Learn more about our What and our Why and how we can work together.
ExxonMobil’s affiliates in India
ExxonMobil’s affiliates have offices in India in Bengaluru, Mumbai and the National Capital Region.
ExxonMobil’s affiliates in India supporting the Product Solutions business engage in the marketing, sales and distribution of performance as well as specialty products across chemicals and lubricants businesses. The India planning teams are also embedded with global business units for business planning and analytics.
ExxonMobil’s LNG affiliate in India supporting the upstream business provides consultant services for other ExxonMobil upstream affiliates and conducts LNG market-development activities.
The Global Business Center - Technology Center provides a range of technical and business support services for ExxonMobil’s operations around the globe.
ExxonMobil strives to make a positive contribution to the communities where we operate and its affiliates support a range of education, health and community-building programs in India. Read more about our Corporate Responsibility Framework.
To know more about ExxonMobil in India, visit ExxonMobil India and the Energy Factor India.
What role you will play in our team
Provide analyzer expertise to assist Operations & Maintenance teams to support reliability improvement and long-term equipment improvement initiatives;Engineers contributing to all stages of asset development and operation, inclusive of support to technology commercialization. Develop capabilities of less experienced engineers within their technical discipline.
What you will do
- Develop and manage equipment strategies as per the site safety and reliability practices
- Collaborate when needed with other engineering disciplines to support miscellaneous asset operations
- Provide analyzer expertise for field and online analyzer applications (chromatographic, spectroscopic, electrochemical, etc.), physical property analyzers and combustibles and Toxic gas detectors to enable assets to meet safety, environmental, regulatory and process control requirements
- Monitor process analyzer performance data, apply statistical tools to assess analyzer performance
- Drive improvements in analyzer performance and quantify the improvements in a performance scorecard
- Lead/support incident investigations and root-cause failure analysis to identify and address the failure cause and provide appropriate recommendations on risk-based work selection
- Troubleshoot and resolve bad actors
- Remain abreast of industry standards developments (e.g., ASTM, ISA, ISO, IEC); and identify and support opportunities to improve site analyzer performance:
- Deploy cost effective new technologies
- Improve work practices and procedures to improve asset reliability and profitability
- Implement value adding changes in analyzer technology
- Provide design and engineering management support to greenfield and brownfield projects:
- Develop project design specifications for analyzer systems
- Perform analyzer engineering calculations (e.g., fast loop lag time, probe wake frequency, ventilation requirements, phase envelopes)
- Support cost estimation for analyzers and analyzer systems
- Provide engineering surveillance on contractor/vendor design deliverables
- Participate in risk assessment, HAZOP, HAZID
- Develop inspection & test plans and support factory acceptance tests/site acceptance tests for new analyzer systems
- Advise and assist on analyzer testing, commissioning and start-up
- Understand Company controls and cybersecurity best practices associated with analyzer systems
- Design and specify on-line analyzers, analyzer systems, shelters for process analyzers specifically for use in oil and gas, petrochemical or refining manufacturing facility
- Assist sites with lifecycle management to monitor obsolescence, develop and execute plans
- Provide analyzer training to site personnel
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor of Science from recognized university in Chemical Engineering, Electrical Engineering (preferably with specialization in instrumentation or electronics), Electronics Engineering, Instrumentation & Control Systems, Chemistry (advanced degree preferred) or equivalent with minimum 6 CGPA or equivalent.
- Minimum 5 years of broad work experience supporting Online Process Analyzers in oil & gas, refining, or petrochemical industry.
- Experience of international projects in multi-national company (MNC), Wholly Owned Foreign Enterprise (WOFE) or JV is an advantage
- Knowledge in measurement principles and infrastructure elements for a variety of common process analyzers
- Knowledge and experience in key oil and gas, petrochemical or refining processes and their associated analyzer applications
- Knowledge and experience in various analytical chemistry techniques (Gas Chromatography, Mass Spectrometry, Infrared & Ultraviolet Spectroscopy) Physical Property Analyzers and Gas Detectors
- Knowledge and experience in analyzer communication/transmission protocol and networking consideration for interface to Distributed Control Systems (DCS)
- Familiarity with field and online analyzer equipment from various vendors such as Siemens, Yokogawa, ABB, Emerson, etc
- Familiarity with Industry standards, Country-specific regulations (CSR), and local codes
- Understands general analyzer maintenance work processes (e.g., planning, scheduling, PMs, performance checks)
- Understands the impact of equipment sparing, redundancy, reliability, availability, maintainability, and maintenance cost in support of Operations Excellence and Capital efficiency
- Understands product quality measurement and Quality Assurance System design and requirements.
Preferred Qualifications/ Experience
- Knowledge, skill, and experience in any of the following areas is an advantage:
- Knowledge and ability to support multivariate model-based analyzer applications for unique process measurements
- Familiarity with multiple open platforms (e.g., MATLAB, Pirouette) to develop models
- IT skills in OPC servers/Analyzer Data Network and DCS/PLC interface
- Proficiency in using common data analytics platforms (e.g. JMP, Seeq)
- Familiarity with data visualization tools (e.g. Tableau)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English
- Willing and able to travel as required, both domestic and international
An ExxonMobil career is one designed to last. Our commitment to you runs deep: our employees grow personally and professionally, with benefits built on our core categories of health, security, finance and life. We offer you:
- Competitive compensation
- Medical plans, maternity leave and benefits, life, accidental death and dismemberment benefits
- Retirement benefits
- Global networking & cross-functional opportunities
- Annual vacations & holidays
- Day care assistance program
- Training and development program
- Tuition assistance program
- Workplace flexibility policy
- Relocation program
- Transportation facility
Please note benefits may change from time to time without notice, subject to applicable laws. The benefits programs are based on the Company’s eligibility guidelines.
ExxonMobil is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin or disability status.
Business solicitation and recruiting scams
ExxonMobil does not use recruiting or placement agencies that charge candidates an advance fee of any kind (e.g., placement fees, immigration processing fees, etc.). Follow the LINK to understand more about recruitment scams in the name of ExxonMobil.
Nothing herein is intended to override the corporate separateness of local entities. Working relationships discussed herein do not necessarily represent a reporting connection, but may reflect a functional guidance, stewardship, or service relationship.
Exxon Mobil Corporation has numerous affiliates, many with names that include ExxonMobil, Exxon, Esso and Mobil. For convenience and simplicity, those terms and terms like corporation, company, our, we and its are sometimes used as abbreviated references to specific affiliates or affiliate groups. Abbreviated references describing global or regional operational organizations and global or regional business lines are also sometimes used for convenience and simplicity. Similarly, ExxonMobil has business relationships with thousands of customers, suppliers, governments, and others. For convenience and simplicity, words like venture, joint venture, partnership, co-venturer, and partner are used to indicate business relationships involving common activities and interests, and those words may not indicate precise legal relationships.