Founded in 1920, Eastman is a global specialty materials company that produces a broad range of products found in items people use every day. With the purpose of enhancing the quality of life in a material way, Eastman works with customers to deliver innovative products and solutions while maintaining a commitment to safety and sustainability. The company’s innovation-driven growth model takes advantage of world-class technology platforms, deep customer engagement, and differentiated application development to grow its leading positions in attractive end-markets such as transportation, building and construction, and consumables. As a globally inclusive and diverse company, Eastman employs approximately 14,500 people around the world and serves customers in more than 100 countries. The company had 2022 revenues of approximately $10.6 billion and is headquartered in Kingsport, Tennessee, USA. For more information, visit www.eastman.com.
This document summarizes the purpose, essential functions, and major duties of the job. The essential functions are the fundamental requirements of the job. The list of essential functions is not exhaustive and may be supplemented as necessary. Employees must exercise principles of safety, environmental management, quality management, and good housekeeping in all aspects of the job and must inform supervision of any unsafe practices or conditions.
Prerequisites for this position are that the Electrical Reliability Engineer must have been trained in or have a good working knowledge of:
• Equipment and operating unit reliability measures (MSDR, MTBF, MTBR, OEE, etc.)
• Reliability improvement tools and techniques (SPC, six-sigma, etc.)
• Investigative techniques (FMEA, RCFA, etc.)
• Control Systems (DCS, PLC, Data Historian and Process Control Networks)
Reliability responsibilities include:
• Lead or support site effort to reduce equipment failures, operating costs, and production losses in all manufacturing units of the Texas City plant
• Develop and report equipment wellness measures for the site with emphasis on identifying poor performers and high cost items
• Establish and maintain both short and long-range reliability improvement plan(s)
• Lead investigation into the root cause of equipment failures
• Identify and champion “high-value” capital replacements
• Identify cost effective repairs
Control Systems responsibilities also include but are not limited to the following:
• Support the activities of Maintenance Team Managers and Technicians
• Providing technical expertise to resolve plant issues and repairs
• Install, remove, perform maintenance and design for implementation of control/interlock strategies as well as troubleshoot and correct (hardware and software) problems for DCS, PLC, PI and Process Control Networks communications
• Support efforts to maintain site engineering standards within areas of expertise
• Train site personnel on the proper care and / or repair of equipment as needed to support reliability improvement process
• Develop and/or review various equipment specifications
• Recommend spare parts for reliability-critical equipment
• Promote standardization on equipment with demonstrated high reliability and ease of maintenance
• Benchmarking of reliability best-practices
• Maintain relationships with various technical and business organizations that focus on reliability and maintenance issues
• Evaluate the Control Systems PM programs and provide technical support by identifying and presenting alternatives and recommendations.
• Analyze Maintenance Records, PM records and perform field audits to identify potential problems and needed changes to the Control Systems
• Managing in-house PM databases and maintaining all required documentation to comply with state and federal regulations
• Generating MOCs to communicate changes in equipment, policies, and procedures
• Revising and developing Maintenance and Inspection procedures
Project Coordinator responsibilities also include but are not limited to the following:
• Lead reliability capital projects in area of expertise
Department Support responsibilities also include but are not limited to the following:
• Fill Department roles as assigned to ensure efficient operation of the Maintenance Department as assigned such as (MOC Coordinator, Quality Coordinator, Environmental Coordinator, Cost analysis, etc.)
Routine Reporting responsibilities also include but are not limited to the following:
• Monthly analysis on reliability failures looking for short and long-term trends with recommendations for resolution
• Monthly status reports on improvement efforts being led or coordinated by this position
• Monthly status of capital projects relating to area of responsibility for current projects as well as 5-year capital forecast
• Education - BS in Electrical or Chemical Engineering or equivalent degree
• Minimum of 5 years experience control systems programming
• Minimum of 5 years combined experience with the following: Delta V, Foxboro, or Rockwell AAdvance.
• Experience could be 5 years in one system or a mixture of years equaling 5 in any of the three.
• Experience with fiber network communications preferred
• Experience supporting instrument and electrical strategies preferred
• Experience troubleshooting and correcting issues with transmitters, sensors, variable frequency drives, pneumatics, valves, motors, and communications preferred
• Relentlessly pursue and leverage market insights to guide strategies and make superior choices
• Make courageous decisions to innovate and accelerate value creation
• Optimistically focus on continual growth - pursuing superior outcomes for business & customer success
• Have a bias for action, prioritizing issues and making sound decisions - appropriately accounting for uncertainty and risk
• Adapt to changing market and customer opportunities quickly to deliver results in the most effective way
Eastman Chemical Company is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.
Eastman is committed to creating a powerfully diverse workforce and a broadly inclusive workplace, where everyone can contribute to their fullest potential each day.