At Dow, we believe in putting people first and we’re passionate about delivering integrity, respect and safety to our customers, our employees and the planet.
Our people are at the heart of our solutions. They reflect the communities we live in and the world where we do business. Their diversity is our strength. We’re a community of relentless problem solvers that offers the daily opportunity to contribute with your perspective, transform industries and shape the future. Our purpose is simple - to deliver a sustainable future for the world through science and collaboration. If you’re looking for a challenge and meaningful role, you’re in the right place.
About You and this Role:
In this role, you will serve as a Senior Improvement Engineer supporting Dow's Environmental Operations assets located in Freeport, TX. You will become a vital resource for Operations by applying technical and organizational skills to drive the plant level continuous improvement program targeted at delivering maximum value from the assets, while continuously improving process safety and production efficiency.
- Possesses in-depth process technology and continuous improvement skill sets helping to establish credibility with the operations team.
- Drives knowledge exchange with technology experts to increase awareness of potential improvement opportunities for the technology.
- Partners with the experts to develop and implement a Plant Specific Technology Plan that delivers positive year-over-year ROC (return on capital) and non-capital continuous improvement while meeting the plant level EH&S improvement goals.
- Champions process safety activities and acts as a resource for relevant process safety concerns. Partners with plant operation and maintenance personnel to identify and track performance indicators to be used in identification of technology gaps and continuous improvement opportunities.
- Supports the facility root cause investigation process by serving as a team member or facilitator for incidents related to process technology. Leads and supports plant continuous improvement activities aligned to the PSTP and also supports the capital plan for the facility. Leads continuous improvement activities for the facility and may serve in specific GPM related roles of project manager or manufacturing representative.
- Champions the “next unplanned event” exercise for the plant and ensures potential solutions are captured in the appropriate prioritization system.
- Serves as the implementation arm of the technology center.
- Participates in the on-call program for plant immediate response and advising similar to other day support roles.
- A minimum of a Bachelor's Degree Engineering
- A minimum of 3 years of relevant experience (i.e. engineering, manufacturing or related fields)
- A minimum requirement for this U.S. based position is the ability to work legally in the United States. No visa sponsorship/support is available for this position, including for any type of U.S. permanent residency (green card) process.
- Domestic relocation assistance is available for this role and may be provided based on eligibility.
- Essential functions of this position may require, among other things, that the employee use particular types of equipment -- such as on-site safety equipment that has specific weight limitations whereby the individual’s own weight, plus the weight of tools and other items and materials, must not exceed a certain threshold. (For example, some types of safety equipment may be rated for a maximum weight limit of 300 pounds total.) In the event a job offer for this position were (conditionally) extended, the individual will be appropriately evaluated in regard to their ability to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation.
Benefits – What Dow offers you
We invest in you.
Dow invests in total rewards programs to help you manage all aspects of you: your pay, your health, your life, your future, and your career. You bring your background, talent and perspective to work every day. Dow rewards that commitment by investing in your total wellbeing.
Here are just a few highlights of what you would be offered as a Dow employee:
- Equitable and market-competitive base pay and bonus opportunity across our global markets, along with locally relevant incentives.
- Benefits and programs to support your physical, mental and emotional well-being, to help you get the care you need...when you need it.
- Competitive retirement program that may include company-provided benefits, savings opportunities, financial planning and educational resources to help you achieve your long term financial-goals.
- Become a Dow shareholder through various employee stock programs.
- Opportunities to learn and grow through training and mentoring, work experiences, community involvement and team building.
- Workplace culture empowering role-based flexibility to maximize personal productivity and balance personal needs.
- Global Paid Time Off (PTO) policies:
- Paid time off for new parents (birthing and non-birthing, including adoptive and foster parents).
- Paid time off to care for family members who are sick or injured.
- Paid time off to support volunteering and Employee Resource Group’s (ERG) participation.
Join our team, we can make a difference together.
Dow (NYSE: DOW) combines global breadth; asset integration and scale; focused innovation and materials science expertise; leading business positions; and environmental, social and governance leadership to achieve profitable growth and help deliver a sustainable future. The Company's ambition is to become the most innovative, customer centric, inclusive and sustainable materials science company in the world. Dow's portfolio of plastics, industrial intermediates, coatings and silicones businesses delivers a broad range of differentiated, science-based products and solutions for its customers in high-growth market segments, such as packaging, infrastructure, mobility and consumer applications. Dow operates manufacturing sites in 31 countries and employs approximately 37,800 people. Dow delivered sales of approximately $57 billion in 2022. References to Dow or the Company mean Dow Inc. and its subsidiaries. For more information, please visit www.dow.com or follow @DowNewsroom on Twitter.
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, Dow is committed to equal opportunities in employment. We encourage every employee to bring their whole self to work each day to not only deliver more value, but also have a more fulfilling career. Further information regarding Dow's equal opportunities is available on www.dow.com.
Dow is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and is committed to providing opportunities without regard for race, color, national origin, ethnicity, gender, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or religion. We are also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may call us at 1-833-My Dow HR (833-693-6947) and select option 8.