At Dow, we believe in putting people first and we’re passionate about delivering integrity, respect and safety to our customers, our employees and the planet.
Our people are at the heart of our solutions. They reflect the communities we live in and the world where we do business. Their diversity is our strength. We’re a community of relentless problem solvers that offers the daily opportunity to contribute with your perspective, transform industries and shape the future. Our purpose is simple - to deliver a sustainable future for the world through science and collaboration. If you’re looking for a challenge and meaningful role, you’re in the right place.
About you and this role
Our job will include a broad range of responsibilities in a variety of different work settings such as chemical plant safety and environmental performance, process operation, optimization, modification, maintenance, and technology implementation. Engineers must use sound technical judgment to enable safe and efficient plant operations. We invite you to help us combine world-class expertise, future-focused technologies, and sustainability to solve global issues. You’ll work as part of a team at Dow, and we have many opportunities to address challenging real-world problems.
Provides a technical resource to lead project teams and/or to provide expertise in specific fields, tools or theory. Provides solutions which add value through improvement in work process, unit operations, operating condition or process technology. At this level, supports intermediate and larger improvement projects, or portions of the process design within significantly large capital projects. Requires expanded conceptual and practical knowledge in own job discipline and broadens capabilities.
• Applies Global Project Methodology (GPM) and Process Engineering Work Process Discipline.
• Ensures that the project scope is well defined and meets the business needs in a cost-effective manner.
• Ensures that the process design is safe, meets DOW LPP’s and other EH&S requirements. Drives project execution within their discipline.
• Provides input to project schedule and plans, then monitors progress against the plans.
• Ensures process design deliverables meet the needs of the project: functions as intended, on time and within budget.
• Identifies technical problems both within designs and existing operations. Appropriately engages the business and functional technology center and the subject matter expert network to resolve.
• Conversant with Process engineering fundamentals and design tools with application knowledge. Lead for Capital projects & Coaching and Mentoring of young engineers.
• Requirement of a Bachelor or master’s degree in chemical engineering.
• Preferred experience of 6 to 10 years from the Petrochemical Manufacturing / Process Design experience in Engineering organizations.
Benefits – What Dow offers you
We invest in you.
Dow invests in total rewards programs to help you manage all aspects of you: your pay, your health, your life, your future, and your career. You bring your background, talent and perspective to work every day. Dow rewards that commitment by investing in your total wellbeing.
Here are just a few highlights of what you would be offered as a Dow employee:
Join our team, we can make a difference together.
Dow (NYSE: DOW) combines global breadth; asset integration and scale; focused innovation and materials science expertise; leading business positions; and environmental, social and governance leadership to achieve profitable growth and help deliver a sustainable future. The Company's ambition is to become the most innovative, customer centric, inclusive and sustainable materials science company in the world. Dow's portfolio of plastics, industrial intermediates, coatings and silicones businesses delivers a broad range of differentiated, science-based products and solutions for its customers in high-growth market segments, such as packaging, infrastructure, mobility and consumer applications. Dow operates manufacturing sites in 31 countries and employs approximately 37,800 people. Dow delivered sales of approximately $57 billion in 2022. References to Dow or the Company mean Dow Inc. and its subsidiaries. For more information, please visit www.dow.com or follow @DowNewsroom on Twitter.
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, Dow is committed to equal opportunities in employment. We encourage every employee to bring their whole self to work each day to not only deliver more value, but also have a more fulfilling career. Further information regarding Dow's equal opportunities is available on www.dow.com.